Not Always About Stalking......Or Pulling the Trigger.

User00004

A few pic here of my outings in the last month-

Getting my Dad out for a Stag after not shooting a deer in 7-8 years
View attachment 8454 View attachment 8455

First light, getting the kettle on-

Alan

View attachment 8456

Getting some hard earned protine with the brew....
View attachment 8457

Dealing with the locals

DSC01128.jpg

Not welcome locals

View attachment 8459

Very Welcome locals, about 3m infront of me
(Video)

I've had some good time on the ground, with a good laugh over the last month, long may it continue.

TJ

Good stuff TJ - I had a friend out on his first time stalking yesterday and he saw his first deer and his first red squirrel plus we also saw a badger and came under severe midge attack. It was a great day out though we didn't see any stags so there was never even the chance of a shot. I've never heard the forest so quiet, even the birds were silent, and it eventually became impossible to stalk with any hope of success.

Like you say - long my it continue.

I'm sure I have seen those midges up there Stu, I have seen several Pine Martens in there but not together like that. Those bloody midges packed us of early the other morning,

John

Midges aside, there is nothing to compare whilst out in the sticks, with the sound & taste of a brew up & fried bacon etc on burner sitting on the tailgate.

this is what its all about, great memories ,seeing wildlife ,and in time putting things back into the countryside,what better than harvesting natures surplus ,apreciating it all,and lending a hand where we can ,your dead right its not all about pulling the trigger!

Back