Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New scope for the Pigs

New scope for the Pigs

Just got my new scope for my piggy adventure had to get it from the state's though as GmK are not importing any of the 1.25-4 x 20 scopes in any reticule .
    http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-s...r-riflescopes/

I went for the circle dot reticule mounted it on the .444M tonight and got it bore sighted
    ready for a night on the range tommorow.So far i am well pleased with the sight the optic's look very good and gives a very clear sight picture

Bob
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

Hi Bob,
    Looks like a good bit of kit, did you get stung by customs ?
    I am booked for Franks last trip.
    He tells me there are going to be more guys than usual on that particular trip so lets hope there are enough piggies left to go round.
    Eddy McC

Hi eddy

just got stung for parcel farce charges with the vat on top! total of 24
    I would not bother going on the last trip with Frank ,Eddy as i intend to do my very worst to the Croatian boar population this year .
    I have also just got another pig hunter converted to the Mighty Treble4 for the Trip on the 17th Nov.

Bob

.444 underlevers are for cowboys not pig killers mind you, they make so much noise they may frighten a pig or two
    If you are out on the 17th I may see you at Heathrow.
    Bryan Nelson has promised to get a group together for the same dates but he does not seem to be very organised up to now.

Just put a meopta meosight II 30 on my 45-70 x1 mag shoot it with both eyes open just like a shot gun parallax free very quick for target acquisition.

Just a couple of pick's now the scope is mounted on my rifle.
    I have only zeroed it with down loads on the club range so far but i am very impresed so far with it.

Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1030150.JPG   P1030151.JPG  

That's quite nice in an odd sort of way

Bob, That certainly looks a good set-up, but I'm afraid the scope is more appealing to me than the rifle
    Have you zeroed it in yet and checked for loose screws afterwards ?
    Some time ago a stalking friend of mine had a .444 but preferred to use Iron sights and he did quite well with it too, frightened the life out of me when the bullet struck

Hi Eddy
    yes i have checked all the screws on the mounts after zeroing and as they are the quick release type i have taken the scope off and back on with no change of impact so far so goody.
    As for the rifle well "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" so they tell me a bit like other peoples Kids!

Each to there own, i think you have a good set up. as long as your happy thats all that counts.