Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ridgeline roar jacket, does anyone have one?

ridgeline roar jacket, does anyone have one?

i ordered one of these last week and it arrived on monday, and i have to say my first impressions were 'pile of *****'.... i brought this to wear picking up for the coming season as i'm fed up of my deerhunter, keeps me bone dry but weighs about ten stone when wet, which on top of sixteen and a half aint good!! anyway back to the ridgeline does anyone have one and if so what do you think of them?? i was going to send mine back today and order the rivers west field pro smock but thought i would hold off to see what others thought of it?
    regards, Jez.
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

I cant comment on the roar jacket in particular, but i have the ridgeline monsoon jacket and am really pleased with it. I fairly put it through its paces in NZ and its since seen a bit of action here. Give it a try before you rule it out.

M.

hi jez,
    Don't know about the roar in particular but i bought the monsoon 2 at the CLA and first impression very impressed.It held up in todays downpour while i was out surveying but the liner seem extremely hardwearing but bitterly cold.I eyed up the fieldpro smock also so maybe an excue at the midland for yet another coat.
    Time will tell.

i wanted the monsoon but couldn't find it anywhere in olive, don't like the teak and don't think the camo would go down to well with all the hoorays.... would like to try it but won't be able to send it back if its used!! and i don't want to be paying for two coats, need to save some pennies for when a syndicate place comes up!

regards, Jez.

send it back jez if you can and go for a pro field smock. the ranger jacket from rivers west is one to have a look at also

http://www.swillingtonshootingsuppli...Ranger-Jacket/

Rivers West Ranger Jacket Olive Drab - Jackets - Gun Dog Kit

ridge line smock any day dont know about the roar
    Graham
    Save Water Drink Single Malt

cant find the smock anywhere in olive colour, think the teak looks like babyshit....

Have the Torrent and Monsoon and both absolutely spot on in keeping the wet stuff oot.Only downside of the Monsoon is it doesnt breathe very well on the hot days but thats a minor.

baby **** colour looks ok after a days pickin up mixed with blood spaters
    Graham
    Save Water Drink Single Malt

well i suppose that is very true graham!!