Remington 700 CDL SF

2428 miles

Some of you may recall that i am looking to invest in a new .30-06. i have been for a while and am certainly taking my time mainly due to finance issues however my eye at present is on a creation from Riflecraft. (see other thread)

Tother day I dropped in the local gun shop for some ammo and low and behold they had one of these badgers in. i had a good look and i have to say i have rather taken a shine to it.

Has anyone else seen or used the Remington 700 CDL SF?
would be interested to find out about performance, any comments welcome!

Miles

remmy rifles

the remmy 700 has been around a long time. It is a great rifle and has a really great action. Some people say that the most recent ones have not so good triggers. But a LOT of custom rifles are built on remmy actions. I have a model 7 which whilst is new and came in a box it was proofed in 97 so it has been in the shop a while! It has a nice wide deeply grooved trigger with a nice crisp relase, It is a little heavy on the pressure but that is ajustable. You have lots of options for mounting your scope as well. i use a 1 piece weaver type block onto mounts.

also with the exchange rate at the minute you get loads of rifle for your money.

Steve

The new Remmys have a excellent trigger. The old ones were pretty good and could be made into excellent ones with very little time and effort.

Hi Miles im afraid i cannot agree with twoby regarding new Remington triggers, i have a cdl and the trigger was awfull, I replaced it with a jewell trigger from jacksons and it has transfomed the rifle.

Some of you may recall that i am looking to invest in a new .30-06. i have been for a while and am certainly taking my time mainly due to finance issues however my eye at present is on a creation from Riflecraft. (see other thread)

Tother day I dropped in the local gun shop for some ammo and low and behold they had one of these badgers in. i had a good look and i have to say i have rather taken a shine to it.

Has anyone else seen or used the Remington 700 CDL SF?
would be interested to find out about performance, any comments welcome!

Miles

Hello Miles
If it helps I have two Remington 700 LSR's from Riflecraft, one in 7mm-08 and other .243. 243 is the most accurate rifle I've ever used and the 7mm-08 is not far behind by a whisker. I helped two friends buy one each in .243 and both are very happy stalkers - not so the deer!
You probably know this but the LSR comes in either (I think) Bell & Carson black synthetic stock or Laminate, both very good (I have one of each). You won't go wrong imo.
Good luck

I have 2 rem 700,s,a 7mm.08 and a 30.06 and I really like them ,there both 1/2 inch MOA and have never let me down on a stalk!there also dirt cheap over here in canada,
the 7mm.08, was $550 and the 30.06 stood me in at $650 and its stainess!
I just purchased a boyds laminate stock for my 30.06 for $78
they are the number 1 selling gun here in bc as there reliable, rugged,affordable and no plastic parts which i like!and aftermarket parts are cheap!

I've got the .30-06 Rem 700 CDL SF (Centenary 2006) the rifle is absolutely beautiful to use; the stock and action are top quality. I for one am well pleased with the rifle.
I'm a bit hard on my rifles, so I removed the wooden stock so I have a nice rifle again should I ever wish to sell the rifle in the future. I bought a Remington synthetic short action stock which I obtained for £40 from eBay, but I soon converted it into a long action. I mainly use my rifle on the Reds in Scotland with great results.
This rifle shoots tight groups out to 300 yards with ease. Hope this helps.
Remington 700

Just bought a new 700 in 220 swift to replace the 22.250 that I purchased in 1993. (Burnt the barrel out). Shoots very well. Trigger is useless, set at 3.5lbs and the book states adjustable by 2lbs. Only can adjust heaver to 5.5lbs, like many others had it modified. A very good out the box rifle. A mate has a 30.06 that he bought about 10 years ago, he has had no problems.

i have a 10 year old remmy 700 vls,i too replaced the trigger with a timney.It is incredibly accurate.thinking of getting one in 223 if the triggers have improved.The wordt thing about it is that the safety catch is so stiff but i suppose i could get that eased off

Back