Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Is it just me or...

  1. #1

    Is it just me or...

    Has anyone else noticed that more than half of the "new posts" are classified ads?

    Its like gumtree for stalkers these days.

    Just an observation.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

  2. #2
    yeh bit of a shame

    Dave

  3. #3
    Although I have never used the classifieds, you say its a shame devilishdave, but more than half of the people actually on the forum at any one time are viewing the classifieds. I would say over 70% of the stuff advertised sells. So there is a need to sell and a certainly a need from the buyers on SD as otherwise it wouldn't sell.

    Either way Devilishdave, 7 of your last 20 posts were in the classifieds..........

  4. #4
    But it does hopefully also mean that the posts made in the other sections are of a "quality" and not the nonsense "which is best" or "what value" or "recommend me a scope for my XXXX, etc" or "what to zero my XXXX".

    On some site people seem to post just to up their post count !!!

    One more for me !!!

    Cheers + ATVB

    Philip

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    But it does hopefully also mean that the posts made in the other sections are of a "quality" and not the nonsense "which is best" or "what value" or "recommend me a scope for my XXXX, etc" or "what to zero my XXXX".

    On some site people seem to post just to up their post count !!!

    One more for me !!!

    Cheers + ATVB

    Philip
    +1
    BoB

    Ps. one to my post count another
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

  6. #6
    There is a good few classified posts but it follows, I think, that if you want to sell stalker related equipment than you need to advertise where the stalkers are and here seems to be a good spot. A lot of the stuff looks as if it is being bought and sold amongst regular members as opposed to "shoppers", so that in itself is a good thing I suppose, thinking about selling a couple of rifles myself

    John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by southern_stalker View Post
    Although I have never used the classifieds, you say its a shame devilishdave, but more than half of the people actually on the forum at any one time are viewing the classifieds. I would say over 70% of the stuff advertised sells. So there is a need to sell and a certainly a need from the buyers on SD as otherwise it wouldn't sell.

    Either way Devilishdave, 7 of your last 20 posts were in the classifieds..........


    Only one of my last 20 posts was in the classifieds and it was posted after this one. If you are going to conduct statistical analysis on my posting habits in order to try and embarrass me then please get itright!! Perhaps stalking is your strength??

    Regards

    Dave
    Last edited by devilishdave; 12-08-2011 at 12:23.

  8. #8
    I am pleased with the "Classified's". I have had a couple of real bargains on there, and sold a couple of surplus items too.

    I find little that is original that motivates me to post, but I do read a lot of the posts written by certain well-informed members of the site. I have learnt a lot from people on here and made some good friends.

    simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    There is a good few classified posts but it follows, I think, that if you want to sell stalker related equipment than you need to advertise where the stalkers are and here seems to be a good spot. A lot of the stuff looks as if it is being bought and sold amongst regular members as opposed to "shoppers", so that in itself is a good thing I suppose, thinking about selling a couple of rifles myself

    John
    John, is that to make room for those rifles in the USA that you are about to be charged retrospective storage on?

    Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by devilishdave View Post
    Only one of my last 20 posts was in the classifieds and it was posted after this one. If you are going to conduct statistical analysis on my posting habits in order to try and embarrass me then please get itright!! Perhaps stalking is your strength??

    Regards

    Dave
    Sorry for miss-reading you stats! When I looked last night, 7 of your last 20 posts WERE in the classifieds, but these were started threads not all posts! Still, you have certainly utilised the classifieds, and why not. I have grabbed one or two bargains there, but I don't call it a bit of a shame that people are using it so much!

    No offence meant, just don't slag off something you use!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •