243 load for gameking 100g

Rick

Hi guys,

Im looking for a accurate load for the above bullet, I would appreciate any input

Cheers
Richard

If you have the Sierra loading manual a lad I know reckons he gets decent results with the suggested load in there. Might be free to download.

Richard

http://www.lapua.com/en/products/reloading/vihtavuori-reloading-data/relodata/5/50 lists some 100gr options and my pick would be the N160.

However, I suggest that the recipe and numbers are only a small part of the battle. I put most of my effort into brass prep, a fair bit into load testing (and I haven't found a foolproof method yet) and some effort into controlling the seating and powder weight. I would break my effort down into 50% brass prep, 30% load testing and 20% actual loading the ammunition. Also I try to record what I do at each stage in the process.

Good luck. JCS

Use data from your selected propellant manufacturer. Concentrate on prepping your brass carefully. Start with the data for cartridge OAL, then try different seating depths for the bullet until you find the sweet spot. Never change more than one thing at a time. Buy a 'Comparator' to use when measuring COAL....I find it's more accurate to use one of these.
If you change any component & your loads are max or near max, reduce the charge & work up again. :old:

Back