Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holkham Estate

Holkham Estate

Holkham Estate is a 25,000 acre traditional lowland sporting estate situated on the coast of North Norfolk around the town of Wells-next-the-sea.

We manage fallow and red deer in a 700 acre park plus wild fallow, roe, red and muntjac on three of the beats surrounding the park. A small number of Chinese water deer are also present on one of the outlying beats.

We recently hosted one of the visits during the British Deer Society AGM weekend.

Six 'keepers are employed including one full time deer keeper.

A limited ammount of commercial stalking takes place which we will be advertising on here shortly as soon as trade membership is obtained.

Glyn Ingram.
    Deer Keeper.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Glyn

Great to see the intro from the Estate. Having been to the recent BDS AGM I would heartily recommend a visit to Holkham for anyone who has an interest in deer. A wonderful herd of fallow, some whopping reds....oh, and the house is pretty stunning too

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Welcome to the site Glyn. Never stalked Holkham but heard a great deal about it. Look forward to seeing the opportunities being made available to our membership through your advertising.

Sikamalc

Holkham, a name for the older ones among us to remember the great days. A wonderful shooting estate, may it go from strength to strength.

Quote Originally Posted by old keeper View Post
    Holkham, a name for the older ones among us to remember the great days. A wonderful shooting estate, may it go from strength to strength.
    Thank you. We now have a new Head Keeper and a strong team so we are looking forward to the future.

Thanks to everyone who has sent a welcome message.

Glyn.

I have a non-deerstalking friend who has shot there and talks very highly of the estate which of course has a huge history - are you the estate where the keeprs wear bowlers? Looking forward to seeing or hearing about those huge reds.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Welcome to the site Glyn. Never stalked Holkham but heard a great deal about it. Look forward to seeing the opportunities being made available to our membership through your advertising.

Sikamalc
    I think the key word here is advertising Glyn.
    If ye didnae ken afore,ye ken noo

fraser

Here's one of those Big Holkham Reds for you!

I can't praise the estate enough for the quality of the deer stalking. There's some beautiful areas to walk about i can assure you, and they've got great facilities on site.

Hope it goes well for you Glyn!

Simmo

Hi Glyn
    I will get down and have a day with you , hope you are well
    Colin
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision

At last Glynn, all that faffing about but we got there in the end, welcomw

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses