Thread: first fallow of the season

first fallow of the season

went out this morning for a stalk on my land and bagged my first fallow of the season, after only seeing does since the 1st it was a welcome site.

it must of been the quickest stalk ever, i parked the car walked about 300 yards and there he stood on the edge of the wheat, a nice fallow pricket about 150 yards away.

gun on sticks BANG job done , then off to the game dealer.

Attachment 8504

ATB

Dave

Glad to see you are getting started on the bucks Dave. Dont expect them all to be that easy later in the season

Malc thats the easiest ive ever shot, if they were all that easy it would be boring.

But it was a welcome site this morning as of late ive been drawing blank after blank after blank, no luck at all.

Hope your well Malc

ATB

Dave

223 well done you have to take your chance with every buck you see this time of year . I have often wondered were they get to this time of year , considering it should be a 50/50 buck,doe split ?

chill

I have only managed one fallow buck this season and probably also one of the easiest I have ever had!! I walked from the car about 100 yards and noticed a group of 6 grazing about 60metres away beyond a hedge. Crawled to the hedge to get a clear shot and took it at 40metres. Although it is the only one I have had in about 6 visits. Not really even seeing the does either on my permissions although I have on other sides of the boundries seen lots of does with kids. Although the nights are short there just seems to be so much food around in the woodlands. Certainly got to take the opportunities when there!