Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holkham Estate Wild Deer Stalking

Holkham Estate Wild Deer Stalking

We are able to offer a limited amount of wild deer stalking on the Holkham Estate in North Norfolk, generally between September and April inclusive. All prices include VAT at the current rate. Details below:

- Outings may involve the use of high seats, foot stalking or a combination of both. Outings are available on weekday mornings or evenings and will normally last around three hours. Visiting Stalkers will normally be accompanied by the Deer Keeper during the outing.

- The cost per outing is 75.

- Fallow, muntjac, roe and red deer are present on the estate.

- An estate rifle and zeroing range facilities are available if required at no additional charge. Visiting Stalkers will generally be expected to prove their ability on the range prior to stalking.

- There is no additional charge for shooting female deer of any species and yearling and cull male deer of any species. The decision to shoot yearling males and cull males will be made at the Deer keepers discretion.

- Fallow bucks over eighteen months of age will be charged at a flat rate of 50 in addition to the outing fee.

- Red stags over eighteen months of age will be charged at a rate of 25 per antler point in addition to the outing fee. (e.g. A 12 point stag will cost 300 plus the outing fee)

- Muntjac bucks over 4cm (measured on the longest antler) will be charged at 25 per centimetre. (e.g. A 10cm buck will cost 250 plus the outing fee)

- At present, no mature roebucks are to be shot.

- Trophy preparation is available at a rate of 25.

- DSC2 Portfolio Witnessing is available at a rate of 25. DSC2 stalks will only take place in the morning.

- Larder training, using park deer culled by the Deer Keeper, is available by prior arrangement, at a rate of 25 per session.

- Culled animals are available to purchase at the current market value.

- All aspects of the above are subject to change due to seasons, availability and weather. Prices are correct at the time of issue but may be subject to change.

- Bookings must be confirmed with the Deer Keeper.

- Please note the stalking available is for wild deer not those within the park.

- For further enquiries please email game@holkham.co.uk Please use this email rather than the Private Message facility.

- It is hoped that these notes clearly explain what is available and how it is priced. The Deer Keeper will not enter into debate about whether or not it represents good value; that is something that only the customer can decide for themselves.

Thank you for your interest.

Glyn.
    www.holkham.co.uk
    Last edited by Glyn 1; 13-08-2011 at 12:38.

Thank you to all those who have contacted me with enquiries.

Several people have asked if I can cater for groups of guests; I'm afraid that the answer is no.

I will be prepared to take two people in exceptional circumstances as long as one of them is experienced, qualified to DSC2 standard and is willing to remain in a high seat.

The price structure remains the same.

Thank you.

Glyn.

Some morning and evening outings still available during September Limited dates available in October. Glyn.

Some morning and evening outings still available in September.

Limited dates available in October.

Glyn.

Hi all

Had a day out a Holkham earlier this week, fantastic ground and really well looked after. Book with confidence as you will not be dissapointed.

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick darstardly View Post
    Hi all

Had a day out a Holkham earlier this week, fantastic ground and really well looked after. Book with confidence as you will not be dissapointed.
    Show us the spoils Dick!

Got this chap up there earlier in the year.

Some great stalking in the woods around the live stock areas and the rides in and around the beats are loaded with opportunity round every bend. You just never know when you're going to see something, makes for more interesting stalking i think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00518.jpg   DSC00519.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by johngryphon View Post
    Show us the spoils Dick!
    Dick was after a good red stag but we didn't see one despite stalking hard, we passed up some roe and muntjac.

One muntjac buck in particular was very good and I took my employer back to the same area yesterday evening and he shot it. I will measure it over the weekend but I think that it is going to score well.

Now taking bookings for doe stalking. November is already quite busy and we have an ad going in the Shooting Times next week.

Thanks to all those of you that have shown an interest and made a booking. All those that have been so far have had good trips.

Glyn.