Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow server?

Slow server?

Is it me or is the server a bit slow? Perhaps it is indicative of the site's popularity 8) 8) 8)

I noticed that there has been a few instances of excessive submit button pressing

I replied to a post and I got an error message, but the reply succeeded anyway

I'm having similar problems just browsing the site...I would guess about 20% of the time I'm getting back an error saying the server is not available...I can access other sites ok, and usually if I try a second or third time a few minutes later, I get in ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete E
    I'm having similar problems just browsing the site...I would guess about 20% of the time I'm getting back an error saying the server is not available...I can access other sites ok, and usually if I try a second or third time a few minutes later, I get in ok...
    Snap

Gez

I find that as well

Bob

Same here. I have advised the site admin with an example of the message. Understand they are following up with the provider. Cheers, Rene.

I have passed the problem on to our IT man, if it is any consolation I am in the same boat as the rest of you.

John

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    I don't know that it helps, but response time down here in South Africa is fine

I'll let you know what it's like from South Oxfordshire when I get back Friday

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn
    I don't know that it helps, but response time down here in South Africa is fine

I'll let you know what it's like from South Oxfordshire when I get back Friday
    Very slow yseterday but today all is well with response times in South Oxfordshire.

Paul

Seems to be getting worse for me, with it often taking several trys to load a page