Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer Management Associate Membership Now Available

Deer Management Associate Membership Now Available

This is a unique opportunity within the East of England.

We have 3 spaces left for our Annual Deer Management Associate membership scheme.

Advertised on SD before we put them on our own website!

You must have a minimum of DMQ L2 and at least 5 years experience of deer management - not stalking - management

If you are looking for your next big trophy deer then please don't apply

If however you want to get to grips with deer management over a landscape scale then please get in touch for terms and conditions.

These 3 spaces have to be filled by 1st September!

Presently they are not advertised anywhere else so first come first served.

Excuse me for asking but this is an associate membership of what? Is it not advertising for syndicate members? Have I got this wrong?

Hi
    It is not a syndicate because that would imply that all members of the syndicate shoot / operate at the same time.
    An Associate is able to operate individually on days / dates that are mutually agreeable.
    In essence the Associate will conduct various deer management activities throughout the twelve month period, which as we will no longer be offering day stalking is the only way to manage deer with us.
    Does that help ?

Quote Originally Posted by wilddeer View Post
    Hi
    It is not a syndicate because that would imply that all members of the syndicate shoot / operate at the same time.
    An Associate is able to operate individually on days / dates that are mutually agreeable.
    In essence the Associate will conduct various deer management activities throughout the twelve month period, which as we will no longer be offering day stalking is the only way to manage deer with us.
    Does that help ?
    Ok, does that mean then you are offering places in a deer management group? Could you give us any specifics like number of members, numbers of deer culled etc? Also what is the arrangement for carcass retention?

We manage deer on a landscape scale and as such will participate in local DMG's

The total number of Associates for this 11/12 season is 7.
    Deer planned to be culled average per Associate is 60-70 deer. Although this may increase if further land is negotiated
    Being nearby to East Anglia is beneficial
    Carcases cannot be retained although may be purchased.
    Sub Letting for clients is prohibited.
    Hopefully that is enough information !

If wilddeer is who I presume they are then I had a good chat with him a couple of years ago about the scheme he runs, and for anyone out there who has the time to input then it seems like a good opportunity to gain access to a number of species.
    Due to having a lease in Scotand and a shoot to keeper it wasnt feasible for me at the time, but things change and I may well give myself more time after this season to dedicate towards my first love of deer management, so hopefully wilddeer will have something available next year.

I know wilddeer very well and is a top bloke, I would already have taken a place if I lived nearer or had more spare time to travel.

Cheers

Ross

Thanks to both r.atkinson and cockerdog for their words of support.

For those who havent worked it out the "Associate Scheme" is part of Burrage & Associates .

So far I have had a lot of interested parties, my plan is to hold an assessment day on the Tuesday 30th August to assess knowledge, skills, rifle handling, safety, identification.

This event will be open to six candidates who have been previously selected and invited to the all day assessment.

Only the top Three will be accepted as Associates.