Thread: Lost leases - need a couple of days stalking

Lost leases - need a couple of days stalking

A plea from the deserts of the Arabian peninsula.

The continuing woes of the Uk construction industry (well certainly in the north of Scotland) have forced me to Kuwait to make a Dinar or two to keep body and soul together. They say you never you what you've got till its gone - before I left I had a culling 'job' for a local estate (no pay, no fee) and was shooting a good few deer there whilst also having through a syndicate of friends a lease on four commercial forestry blocks with mainly sika and roe.

Now having come over here and scheduled a weeks leave for the end of October (hopefully the sika rut?) I find that we have lost one of our blocks, sold and the new owner wants the stalking for himself, and the others (different owner) are on the market and under offer or will be shortly -remains to be seen what happens but its not looking good.

Not good.

So the thing is I am looking for a couple of days stalking (perfectly willing to pay the going rate) within reasonable striking distance of Nairn. Prefer hill hinds but am very out of practice (and fitness - go to the gym - it was 40C there yesterday) and would take pretty much anything.

I have had a troll on the net but most seem to want to let it by the week - and to br honest its not something I have ever had to do. I only want a couple of days at most - SWMBO will not be amused if I spend the entire week at home on the hill....

Any leads out there?

(And yes it'll be good to be somewhere it is'nt 55C with lungfulls of dust - and no drink!)

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by kuwinda View Post
    A plea from the deserts of the Arabian peninsula.

The continuing woes of the Uk construction industry (well certainly in the north of Scotland) have forced me to Kuwait to make a Dinar or two to keep body and soul together. They say you never you what you've got till its gone - before I left I had a culling 'job' for a local estate (no pay, no fee) and was shooting a good few deer there whilst also having through a syndicate of friends a lease on four commercial forestry blocks with mainly sika and roe.

Now having come over here and scheduled a weeks leave for the end of October (hopefully the sika rut?) I find that we have lost one of our blocks, sold and the new owner wants the stalking for himself, and the others (different owner) are on the market and under offer or will be shortly -remains to be seen what happens but its not looking good.

Not good.

So the thing is I am looking for a couple of days stalking (perfectly willing to pay the going rate) within reasonable striking distance of Nairn. Prefer hill hinds but am very out of practice (and fitness - go to the gym - it was 40C there yesterday) and would take pretty much anything.

I have had a troll on the net but most seem to want to let it by the week - and to br honest its not something I have ever had to do. I only want a couple of days at most - SWMBO will not be amused if I spend the entire week at home on the hill....

Any leads out there?

(And yes it'll be good to be somewhere it is'nt 55C with lungfulls of dust - and no drink!)
    Any offers of stalking yet?

BTW, I note the closing date was Friday past. Three blocks are under offer but our favourite is still for sale...

How about the syndicate forming a Tontine? ... and buying it instead of leasing it.

I reckon I'm the youngest so obviously I'd be willing to think about that...