Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser Bore Sighter. Any good?

Laser Bore Sighter. Any good?

Does anybody use a laser bore sighter. The one that looks like a bullet and goes in the chamber, not the one that goes on the end of the barrel.

Are they any good, worth the money, helpful for zeroing?
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

No, i had one in .243 and it was so far out i left it in the glovebox when i sold my Jimny. Boresight then fine adjust. Save your money as bullets don't fly straight.

Fair enough. I was looking to get it to hit the paper at 100 yards so I could save on bullets. Thought it might be good for that. I know the one you push down the end of the barrel are not that good. just wondered if the one you chambered would be better. Was looking at the prices and wanted to make sure I didn't waste my money as they are not cheap.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

If you pay a Fiver for it you will have paid too much... boresight first and fine tune, 8 rounds maximum.

I like the idea of using it as a collimator. sight it and record where it lays on the chart, check zero simply by checking with the chart. it would give peace of mind after a fall or knock.

Hi

Because of not having anywhere previously to use live ammo, I bought 4 different laser calibres and used them at a friends farm (Council estate borders his ground)
    Having got on paper and as near to the bull at 100 yards, when I did live shooting I had the smallest of adjustments to make.
    Once satisfied with the results took the boresighter grid references and noted for future reference.
    Everybody to there own, I found it worked for me.
    ATB
    DavieH

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    Fair enough. I was looking to get it to hit the paper at 100 yards so I could save on bullets.
    I normally start by zeroing at 25 yards, so if you have a .243 you will be looking to be about an inch low at 25 yards this will mean that you are in the right ball park at 100 yards. Then you move back to 100 yards to fine tune.

Range ==> Drop
    0 ==> -1.5
    25 ==> -0.8
    50 ==> -0.3
    75 ==> 0.0
    100 ==> 0.0
    125 ==> -0.2

Quote Originally Posted by DavieH View Post
    Hi

Because of not having anywhere previously to use live ammo, I bought 4 different laser calibres and used them at a friends farm (Council estate borders his ground)
    Having got on paper and as near to the bull at 100 yards, when I did live shooting I had the smallest of adjustments to make.
    Once satisfied with the results took the boresighter grid references and noted for future reference.
    Everybody to there own, I found it worked for me.
    ATB
    DavieH
    In full agreement with the above.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Just to be clear, this is the sort of thing I was looking at. http://www.amazon.com/SightMark-Lase...N%3DB001BVI982

That's for a .223. I can get one for my .308's but not my 6 1/2!