243 Remington Brass

04MAL

Hi all, I have had count up and have found around 100 once fired Factory loaded Remington Accutip cases in 243. Will these be suitable to be reloaded and if so does anyone have an idea of how many times they may be of any use. It seems a shame to just chuck them in the bin.
All comments and help gratefully recieved. Mal

are the accutip cases the nickel ones if they are i found them to be very britle after a couple of re-loads and the necks started to split on a few so i binned the lot

Its easy to tell the difference. Take them along to your local contract analytical laboratories and ask them to perform an atomic absorption analysis of the cases to identify those which are brass and those that are nickel.

Or you could just look at them. Those that are brass will be brass coloured and those that are nickel will be erm nickel coloured :)

They'll be fine to reload if they are 'Once fired'. How many reloads they may be used for depends on what your reloads are like in terms of velocity/pressure and full length resizing of the cases you do, but you may well get more than 6 reloads before you need to chuck them.....on the other hand, with modest pressure, many more than that may be possible. :old:

Have 140 ish left of my rem .243 cases. They were from the 75gr accutips and they are brass. Good for reloading. On 4th reload with some of them and still fine. I've had Norma .243 cases go over 12 reloads before chucking them. No idea how many times you can safely reload them as it all depends on how you work the brass (how you size and prep the cases) and how punchy your reloads are.

These were also the 75gr Accutips and they are brass so will get them reloaded and see how I get on with them.
Thanks for the replies, most helpful ( I now even know the difference between brass and nickel, well impressed ;))
Mal

Back