Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replies (or lack of)

Replies (or lack of)

Am I alone in thinking that if, in response to a question, someone takes the time to put advice on here about reloading / product suitability / item sourcing / whatever, then the OP could at least post a "Thanks" / "noted" or even a "that was useless because" reply?

Some people are just plain f****** rude in not replying & make me think it's not worth the effort?
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

I take it this is more of a disgruntlement rather than a general observation.

Quote Originally Posted by aliS View Post
    I take it this is more of a disgruntlement rather than a general observation.
    Correct - but it has happened several times including no response to some stuff sent for free.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

That's just how some people are, I'm afraid. I've lost count of the number of times I've waved people out at junctions when driving, for example, only to receive no acknowledgement whatsoever. I still do it though, because I personally believe that treating people the way you would like to be treated yourself makes the world that little bit better for us all to live in. If people don't bother to thank those responding to posts, that's their loss, not yours.
    Don't forget, there are also others who benefit from people's responses, not just the OP.

I agree, but I am also probably guilty as charged. So apologies for anyone I may have offended, or in advance for future trangressions.

The truth is, we are all busy people and don't always have the time to monitor our posts on web forums. I saw some late replies to something I posted several days before and acknowledged them but sometimes you miss them as they drop down the subjects column.

An appreciative but sometimes neglectful H.

I agree with Herne - sometimes I'm on here quite often and then I can go a few days without having the time for a visit. It isn't always possible to predict this. So, if I've been involved in a thread which has since vanished down the list maybe to page 3 or 4 then I might easily miss a direct reply to something I've said. While I usually remember the threads I've posted on it is easy to miss or forget one, especially if it is in a forum that I might not visit on a regular basis such as legal issues, or the like.

By and large this is a good forum and people are very generous with their knowledge and assistance so while you do occasionally get things over looked, and people might be sick, or on holiday, or working away, I would say that the vast majority of people and threads are very good and almost everyone makes an effort to help.

I try to do so, but sometimes lose track of the threads I've started, and not sure when the last comment has come in, etc.

I'm curious if you will do the same when this thread presumed dead

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    I'm curious if you will do the same when this thread presumed dead
    That thought occurred to me too.... so

Thanks for all the replies.

(I wasn't actually meaning "straight" threads - just ones where people ask for guidance / assistance etc and then not responding. Maybe I'll have another beer...)

Could also be down to old age as well, sometimes the memory is not as good as it used to be mine especially these days!!!

I'm still waiting for a chap to advise wether his vehicle needs will suit the tyres Potman was offering for sale.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!