Trail Camera

I posted exactly the same question a while back, without learning much. There is a review in Sporting Rifle (August I think) where the writer liked it, but it is hard to pick out the truth from magazine reviews at times!

I have used one.

It was crap. It sent one photo then stopped. The trigger time of 1.2 sec is way to slow.

Look at cuddebeck or cuddeback cant remember which.

I have an Ltl Acorn 5210 MM which sends MMS pictures.

The MMS capability only works well in areas with strong mobile reception, unfortunately this is not the case for most of my terrain. I have it at the moment posted in an area with strong reception and it's working great I'm getting pictures straight away.

If the reception is not strong enough for the pic to be sent the image will still be stored on the memory card.

Here is a link to a thread I posted with some pics from the camera:
http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?26190-Bic-cat-caught-on-game-camera

Here's a link to another thread:
http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?26332-Trail-camera-with-mms

I have used one.

It was crap. It sent one photo then stopped. The trigger time of 1.2 sec is way to slow.

Look at cuddebeck or cuddeback cant remember which.

Did you ever find out why it failed to send any more photos?

1.2 secs trigger time seems fine to me, if something cannot be caught on camera in that time then I would question the siting of the unit.

I am not aware of Cuddeback making anything that has MMS facilities, have you a reference? I found nothing on their web site.

the article in sporting rifle was in the august edition, i asked simon who wrote the article how he was finding the trail cam, and he said it was good but was costing alot in text messages ! i presume it must charge you mobile? i dont know.

the article in sporting rifle was in the august edition, i asked simon who wrote the article how he was finding the trail cam, and he said it was good but was costing alot in text messages ! i presume it must charge you mobile? i dont know.

Thanks. I guess the costs will depend on your tariff.

We have one on the shoot. It was only about £60 and I dont know what make it is but we use it a lot. The pictures are not much but you can tell what it is and the point is that we have killed a lot of foxes by baiting an area and then checking the time on the display. Also we use it where we have 2 legged problems or want to watch an area for deer but have not got the time. It wont win any photographic compatitions but thats what I have the 7D for. Mind you the 7D will not sit in a tree for a week at a time taking photos while you are not there so its a case of horses for courses.

Mark

Back