Thread: Thread size for moderator steyr mannlicher

Thread size for moderator steyr mannlicher

I am looking to buy a moderator for my steyr mannlicher pro hunter stainless 308. It comes pre threaded to take a moderator. Woul anybody know the thread size.

Any views on atec cmm 4 moderator would also be appreciated.

Many thanks

Enduroman

Quote Originally Posted by Enduroman View Post
    I am looking to buy a moderator for my steyr mannlicher pro hunter stainless 308. It comes pre threaded to take a moderator. Woul anybody know the thread size.

Any views on atec cmm 4 moderator would also be appreciated.

Many thanks

Enduroman
    my mates .25-06 is 1/2 unf CMM4-AL Spot on i have had one since they first came out no probs so far. Oh sorry to say this but if this is your fist POST You NEED A INTRO part of the site Rules

Enduroman, My 260 is 1/2" unf, i think most are the same, you could always ring Sportsman Guncentre 01633 215215 ( i think ), as they are the main importers. Or you could get the thread measured by your local smith, or engineering shop.

Yes agree with above my father has one and its threaded 1/2" UNF .

Thanks to all very much to all for responding. I will give sportsman gun centre a call to verify but it looks like 1/2 unf.

Hi Enduroman.

I have two Steyr Pro Hunters from Sportsman : .243 + .30-06. Both were supplied factory cut with 1/2 x 20 UNF threads. Some people think this is not a good thread, especially for a .30 Cal round, but I have never had any problems. Both barrels are 20", and I use muzzle mounted mods, not reflex type ( personal choice ).

I use a Roedale Delta on the .243, which is superb, but went for a heavier ASE Jet-Z on the .30-06 - which is also excellent. Can`t help personally with the A-Tec, but a friend has one, and swears by it.

All the best.

Neil.