Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roe Buck with problems

Roe Buck with problems

I was just thinking of something that I saw 30 years ago and had forgotten about. I was Under keeper on an estate and we had an area of park land. On the park were heffers and it must have been November or december because there was snow on the ground. A Roe buck had got in amoungst these cattle and was chasing them around all the time. I cant remember what happened to him but I do remember one thing and that is that he had a constant erection and I mean for days it was out of the sheath. Has anyone seen anything like this before as I suddenly realized that I had not heard of it or seen it since.
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

I did have it once but it finally went down.

What recalled this event to your mind??

Yes it's a proper medical condition known as priapism. I've seen it in horses after certain sedative drugs. In the wild state the penis would likely become damaged and infected.

Easily confused with paraphimosis where the penis gets trapped outside the sheath - have seen that in dogs (especially randy terriers).

Can affect people!

Most friday and saturday nights you'll see this in town, there's some right Heffers getting chased by the young bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by tjwaines View Post
    Most friday and saturday nights you'll see this in town, there's some right Heffers getting chased by the young bucks.

Sounds like somebody slipped him a blue pill.

Moose

that doesn`t sound like a problem to me

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Yes it's a proper medical condition known as priapism. I've seen it in horses after certain sedative drugs. In the wild state the penis would likely become damaged and infected.

Easily confused with paraphimosis where the penis gets trapped outside the sheath - have seen that in dogs (especially randy terriers).

Can affect people!
    When i did a four day first aid at work course a few years ago priapism was mentioned much to the amusement of the females on the course as it can be one of the symptoms caused by trauma/injury to the spine.
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_..._priapism_mean
    So maybe Apache could be on the right lines as a buck chasing about in a field of cattle does seem odd behavior
    ATB
    RICK O SHEA

mark to think about aroe buck with a erection you must have been looking at that mag i sent you . you know the blond with a tush

Young Red-stag with a problem !
    HWH.