Thread: Oh joy!

Oh joy!

Heading home last night at dusk after usual rounds, I spotted a group of 6 reds, hinds calves and yearlings in a newly planted rape field on the main road.

I do not have permission to stalk there, however, the owner had made an informal approach to see if I would "keep and eye on it". This patch is 6 large fields and a bit of hill grazing with 4 blocks of woodland.

As it is a legal requirement and borders the main road, I was keen to do things right. I indicated I was willing but would prefer written consent.

I arrived home and what was waiting for me, express permission for the very bit of ground I had so coveted!!

Now lets see if that spiker is back out tonight......

H.

Wonder what else is lurking in those blocks of woodland it might just surprise you.

You are very lucky to have deer on your doorstep,i envy you.

Very lucky indeed, deer in the back garden regularly.

I should point out that, the approach came after a lot of checking up on me I had heard enquiries were being made that I was relaible, conscientious and above all SAFE.

It also took a long time. Incidentally, no-one else on this ground, the 'keeper on the adjacent estate was nominally doing it, but 'keepers are busy enough with their own responsibilities generally and so I was approached.

Still smiling. Now, what is in that big larch wood.......

H

I guess a good reputation counts for a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Herne View Post
    Very lucky indeed, deer in the back garden regularly.

I should point out that, the approach came after a lot of checking up on me I had heard enquiries were being made that I was relaible, conscientious and above all SAFE.

It also took a long time. Incidentally, no-one else on this ground, the 'keeper on the adjacent estate was nominally doing it, but 'keepers are busy enough with their own responsibilities generally and so I was approached.

Still smiling. Now, what is in that big larch wood.......

H

I guess a good reputation counts for a lot.
    every acre i stalk over ,i have gained through good reputation and hard work . and touch wood i have not had a complaint yet !

now get out there and proove your worth , and my your empire continue to grow

the very best of luck to you !

cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Thank you Lee,

I intend to make the most of it, as soon as possible. A few other irons in the fire as well!

I can't stress it enough get a foot a in the door, and then prove what you can do, do it well, do it safely and do all you can to help the landowner - see it from their point of view.

My first bit came by outrageous fortune, after a chance meeting I was invited for the summer to take one roe buck from a wood, I spent the summer assessing the wood and deer population and told the owner that he did not have a buck to spare and presented him with a review of the wood including all the natural history observations made.

He was so delighted I was given free rein and have been there ever since!

For those with no access to stalking keep working at it, perseverance pays off.

Rgds

Craig