Thread: T3 vs LSA 65

T3 vs LSA 65

Right

I thought I'd ask the assembled masses for some thoughts here. I've recently acquired a slot for a .270.

I'm on a budget (aren't we all). I've got a nice bit of glass on its way and (while I'm still reeling from the cost of that), I need something to stick it on. I fancy a Tikka. I've shot a few and got on with them OK.

Current thoughts are between a new T3 Lite or an LSA 65 of which there are currently a couple second hand on guntrader

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/GunsForSa...00514175945001

and

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/GunsForSale/091014132938001

T3 Lite would of course be screw cut, which is a distinct advantage as I want to stick a can on the end.

Thoughts welcome from all comers but particularly those who've owned either rifle.

Tom

PS - Might want to use a bipod occasionally too.

What about holding out for a nice SH 695?
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

If the barrel is ok on the lsa 65 there is no comparison, quality rifle from tikka when THEY made the rifles.

By coincidence I've been PM'd today by another lefty asking my opinion on a Tikka M65 LH for sale in .270 cal. This is just a later version of the LSA-65, with the only visible difference of a rounded rather than angled forearm tip.

I've got an M695 LH in .270 but would have gone for another M65 if I'd had the choice.

In the M65 you get an all-steel rifle with a top-loading detachable staggered-box 5-shot magazine. The stock shape is a natural fit as it has an extended high comb, and is better shaped even than the M695.

The T3 Lite is mostly plastic, has a straight column 3-shot magazine, and has a classic stock with too much drop at the heel for me. Apart from that the T3 lacks soul.

PS ....... as far as I'm aware only T3 rifles in the short-action calibres .243, etc. come pre-threaded (not in long-action cals. OR any Lefthand rifles of any calibre) so I would check the facts before deciding.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    PS ....... as far as I'm aware only T3 rifles in the short-action calibres .243, etc. come pre-threaded (not in long-action cals. OR any Lefthand rifles of any calibre) so I would check the facts before deciding.
    My .270 T3 Lite came screw cut, normal sporter barrel.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Thanks for the replies fellas. Kinda what I expected. I'm tempted by one of the LSA 65 s but I'm certainly not qualified to comment upon the state of the bore in anything. I'd also end up getting it screw cut (anathema to some I know!)

How do you get on with your T3 Lite in .270 Tartinjock?

Tom
    Last edited by Tom_Ov; 18-08-2011 at 21:18.