Thread: G'day from Victoria, Australia, home of the Sambar Deer

G'day from Victoria, Australia, home of the Sambar Deer

60+ deer hunting desperado from country Victoria, love the bush & spend most of my time in it. I guide fly flickers for a job (yes it IS a real job!), been doing it for over 20 years, think I'm getting the hang of it ...
    Took up Sambar stalking in 2003, brought a few home in that time, including a few Fallow. I hunt alone most times, too difficult to find a hunting partner who has the same time availability as myself.
    I like to fish and hunt in the same areas - I think it's a marvellous convenience that both Trout and Sambar inhabit the same areas!
    Apart from that, I'm a volunteer fire fighter in my local area, currently the President of the Aust. Trout Foundation, and advisor to the state government on recreational fishing, also a member of the State Emergency Service.
    Spare time - hah! When I get some, and I'm not hunting, I'm usually at the fly tying bench, or loading some new rounds, or chasing my wife ...

Welcome to the site, that is an impressive lifestyle you have there, I see you left the wife to last in your lists of pursuits, classic

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome aboard, you make me feel I should have emigrated in my youth (a long time ago).

G'day mate and welcome! Nice to hear of sport in other countries. Now, where's me emmigration forms....