Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6mm br norma grouping

6mm br norma grouping

Just thought i would put up a couple of pictures of a couple of 4 shot groups i shot the other day with my BR. One was 200yrds and the other 285yrds (could'nt get to 300 in that field) These ranges were measured with a laser rangefinder before anyony says i must have small paces. This just shows how good the BR round is as it shoots like this on a very regular basis.

Blummin heck....I can't get groupings like that at me barrel end let alone 285yards!

Never mind the rifle, hat off to the shooter.
    I'm just getting a cut Border barrel fitted to my 243...this gives me hope.
    Only need to learn to shoot then.
    edi

Great groups - obviously a great rifle & ammunition - The rifleman deserves a medal! - Did you alter the scope between targets or was the lateral difference down to side winds? Also with respect too the vertical difference that's a big drop over 85 yards. What bullet did you use & at what muzzle velocity?

Ian

Hi, thanks for the great comments. the rifle did need adjustment so i just shot the 200 yard group then re-set the zero at 200 that is why it was high and left, i then went back to 285 and shot the other but at that time did'nt have a drop chart made up ( i now have a drop chart and even better the brilliant Field Tactical Ballistic App on my I-Phone) so i was 2 clicks out for drop at 285. I have since shot a group like that at 300 which was perfect height and only a quarter of an inch to the left of the red spot. My load is Lapua brass, a CCI BR4 small rifle primer, 30.5gr of Varget and a 105gr Hornady A-Max bullet. This shoots at 2935 fps over the chrono. The rifle is an RPA Interceptor single shot with a 26" barrel, lightweight trigger and a wildcat predator 12 moderator.
    Last edited by RPA 6MM BR; 21-08-2011 at 08:31. Reason: being forgetful

Maybe I missed it, what twist is in the barrel?
    edi

Nice! but can you put a bullet in the right place on a 12 pointer from 150yds with no bags/rests, having crawled through 200 yards of highland bog in freezing snow, and a stiff 25mph cross wind?

Welcome to real shooting -

mate, just having a laugh, your groups are awesome, but there's only so many holes on holes I can see before I get bored, when equipment and bench rests (the rifles are almost strapped into the rest at times!) are so accurate and predicable, it's not about shooting anymore, but about creating a perfectly consistent cartridge loading, and putting data into a turret-crazy scope based on a computer output...I'm afraid in some shooting competitions the skill is getting lost. I've seen things on youtube where the 'shooter' almost stands next to the rifle in the rest, and just touching the trigger 10 times,..I mean, seriously!

sorry, I am off the track, need a cup of coffee.

again, good shooting, and beautiful rifle the inteceptor,,for it's purpose.

Hi, the twist rate is 1 in 8. And as for the Interceptor being a rifle for a purpose, this is my stalking/foxing rifle and i shoot dozens of deer with it so i am more than used to "real shooting" as you call it and with such an accurate rifle putting the bullet in the right place is no problem. I understand what you are saying about front rests etc but i shot these groups from a Bi-Pod so no this is not bench rest shooting as you are referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Nice! but can you put a bullet in the right place on a 12 pointer from 150yds with no bags/rests, having crawled through 200 yards of highland bog in freezing snow, and a stiff 25mph cross wind?

Much more likely to have a clean kill than with an old 2" stalking rifle. Is that not what should be the goal of stalking, a clean kill?

edi

Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    Much more likely to have a clean kill than with an old 2" stalking rifle. Is that not what should be the goal of stalking, a clean kill?

edi
    Here Here.