Stalkers heaven

CHRIS WORLEY

Just spent a day at STUDLEY ROYAL /FOUNTAINS ABBEY with my 4 year old grandson .Saw at least 150 Red and Fallow. What a sight they are semi tame as the park is open to the public,we managed to get within 25 yds of a group of Reds which included some good 8 point stags.My grandson was chuffed to bits getting so close,hope to take him stalking in the near future.

Just spent a day at STUDLEY ROYAL /FOUNTAINS ABBEY with my 4 year old grandson .Saw at least 150 Red and Fallow. What a sight they are semi tame as the park is open to the public,we managed to get within 25 yds of a group of Reds which included some good 8 point stags.My grandson was chuffed to bits getting so close,hope to take him stalking in the near future.

Fountains Abbey is without doubt my favourite place in the world. There is just something magical about it. From the ruins themselves, the very large grayling that inhabit the lakes, the seven bridges walk and the stream which disappears into a cliff face. Have you seen them drive pheasants over the valley? I would like my ashes shaken about there.

Simon

An amazing place. I always used to go there when I was younger a few times a year but haven't been for a while until last week when the family went there again. I want to go back with my camera when there are a few less people about to get some nice pictures and some of there deer are very nice indeed. Here is the biggest stag I came across last weekend and there were some great fallow bucks as well.

DSC05197.jpg

George

Back