Venison Butchery Course/demo, is there a market for it?

lwcdart

Gents

A good number of you on the site know me & know that I run a small Game Dealers in the New Forest-Hampshire.

Due to the fact that I am shortly going to be tied 24/7 to the Game Plant with the fast approaching Game Season (god I hate feathers)!, I was just considering the merrits of running a few Venison Butchery Demos/Courses over the odd evening during the week perhaps once a month from 6pm till 9pm.

I am just testing the water at this stage to see if there is a good market for this probably with new commers & people that just worry about how to make the best of their shot beast.

I dont mean to attempt to teach experianced stalkers to suck eggs but, I am sure that there are a good few people out there who would appreciate a course such as this over an informal evening at a reasonable cost?

This is by no means an advert but just to toe in the water at this stage on my part.

Regards Lee
Newhouse Game

Lee
The only way you will ever find out is to set a date in stone and see what the response is

from there you can go forward
good luck with your venture

I would be interested. I live near Andover.

yes i to would be interested as i live near Andover, dont supose you would consider buying my game and venison for this coming season thats if you are giving more than HG..??

Anthony

Would also be interested bit of a slog but one day over the weekend would work for me, could possibly be of interest to a few others up my end,any idea of cost and how many you would like in a group?

Venison Butchery Course/Demo

Guys

With some good feedback & overall interest the first available date I have open would be Monday the 19th of September.

The Demo & a very informal Question & answer session would be run by myself & one of my staff from 6pm until 9.30pm.

I would include the following & we should have 3-4 species of deer available to use:

Basic Skinning & breaking the deer up into Primals
Cutting of all primals down into Steaks & finished Joints.
Vaccum Packing
Diced & Minced Venison, (various grades of).
Sausage, Burger & Processed Product Production & Packing.

There will be Tea & Coffee available & we will provide all protective clothing for you whilst you are in the Game Plant.

We would be in a position to take upto 6 people on one course & I hope to be able to run these every other month if there is a demand.

Cost will be £60 per person upon booking.

Please PM me if you are interested & we can take it from there.

Regs Lee

Dear Lee,
Even Experienced Stalkers can be shown how to suck the odd egg or two.
It's good to talk ! Like us in the N.West just spread the word. Pass on your knowledge.
Regards,
MURDERBUCK.

Lee,
Don't try to put on more than you have candidates for. As a dealer you have access to carcasses. Don't be afraid to show how to how to process Venison in different ways. After all we are the Pro's and know how to suck eggs !
Murderbuck.

Back