Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schmidt and Bender 8x56 hungarian 30mm NO7 rect

Schmidt and Bender 8x56 hungarian 30mm NO7 rect

New boxed with all paperwork 470 plus p&p
    Pm me for info

i
    am interested in the scope please send me info.

ditto. photos please if you can.
    also a quick question. i have always used zoom scopes. i would want this to sit on my new .223 Tikka rifle. Would a fixed 8x mag be suitable for foxing? Sorry I am unsure how people use fixed mag scopes

Quote Originally Posted by bills View Post
    ditto. photos please if you can.
    also a quick question. i have always used zoom scopes. i would want this to sit on my new .223 Tikka rifle. Would a fixed 8x mag be suitable for foxing? Sorry I am unsure how people use fixed mag scopes
    It'd probably be the best thing you can get for foxing I've had an 8x56 s&b sat on my .223 for years it's perfectly suited to lamping. You don't want to be fecking about with a zoom in the dark. Fixed german glass allows you to focus easily at varying distances so you can concentrate on the job!

I would say to use Sako Optilok' though nothing else -
    T

Sorry i should have said, i don't shoot much at night, mostly low daylight shooting dawn and dusk.

i shoot alot in low light conditions fallow/fox and my s and b 8x56 is brill for it ,i would not swap it for anything else , my advise buy it, buy it you wont be disappointed.

ATB

Dave

Bills, where are you in the south east? if you are local to kent, PM me, come and have a look through mine if it helps? I'm always up for a walk with the lamp or at any time come to that?

Tikkat3

Hey there Tikka, kind of you to offer. I am in Cambridgeshire unfortunately and don't get down your way much otherwise I would definitely take you up on that. The only concern I have is for long range shooting, not being able to dial in. I have never used a fixed mag scope on anything bigger than a .22LR. I wonder what sort of range a fox would be visible for an accurate shot in chest or head using something like this scope?

Use a fixed 8x56 Swarovski with a 4a reticule for all my foxing, shoot them out to 250 no problems in the lamp, I wouldn't want too thick a crosshair for any distance shots though, depends what you deem a long range shot, I've killed hares out to 370 with it!!!

removed as original post i as responding to was removed
    Last edited by bills; 30-08-2011 at 21:37.