Novice looking for deer stalking opportunities in angus/fife & perthshire

Howard

Hello.

Just a general thread really and seeking some advice on beginning deer stalking. I currently like in Angus, Scotland and I wanted to know if there is anyone out there in this area who can recommend a reputable stalker/company ect who will take out a novice such as myself on a guided stalk. Initially I would like to try it out before committing myself to this noble sport. Long term plans would obviously to gain sufficient skill and experience to enable me to become competent,safe and gain the DSC 1 which seems to be the norm. Further long term ambitions would be to gain a FAC and hopefully find or join a syndicate in my area. I have plenty of firearms experience from my time in the military however I have never hunted or stalked any quarry before.

If anyone in Deer Stalking Directory land to advise in anyway then that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Depends how deep ypur pockets are!!!!!!! Quite a few mentor quality stalkers round you. Red or roe, hill or wood, fitness level, rifle owned or estate rifle, all questions you could answer that will aid those offering assistance, Jim pm sent

Hello.

Just a general thread really and seeking some advice on beginning deer stalking. I currently like in Angus, Scotland and I wanted to know if there is anyone out there in this area who can recommend a reputable stalker/company ect who will take out a novice such as myself on a guided stalk. Initially I would like to try it out before committing myself to this noble sport. Long term plans would obviously to gain sufficient skill and experience to enable me to become competent,safe and gain the DSC 1 which seems to be the norm. Further long term ambitions would be to gain a FAC and hopefully find or join a syndicate in my area. I have plenty of firearms experience from my time in the military however I have never hunted or stalked any quarry before.

If anyone in Deer Stalking Directory land to advise in anyway then that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

10/10 for this sensible approach to taking up stalking.

Well done Howard 100% the wright approach im sure some one up there will help you out :thumb:. Its just a shame more newcomers don't take your attitude towards stalking to many people just go and get a FAC and think they are stalkers not knowing about there quarry or showing respect for it. There is a lot more to it than just pulling the trigger.

howard a good write up there are a few outfits in fife that do stalking if you check on the internet there is a company called newmills stalking and acouple of members of this site do guided stalks good luck
atb tom

Hello again.

Thanks to all for the replies to my thread and PM's I have received. All very much appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Well done Howard 100% the wright approach im sure some one up there will help you out :thumb:. Its just a shame more newcomers don't take your attitude towards stalking to many people just go and get a FAC and think they are stalkers not knowing about there quarry or showing respect for it. There is a lot more to it than just pulling the trigger.

Howard

Never thought about your location until now but a good friend of mine up your way is on a large estate with both red and roe and will take out paying guests for the estate. Not sure of prices but if its just a stalk and not medal bucks I don't think it will be expensive. What I will say is that he is very experienced and also still manages a few areas in Fife as well where some incredible roe come off.

He is on this site under michie65.55, drop him a pm and say it was info from me that caused you to enquire.

Thanks.
Howard

Never thought about your location until now but a good friend of mine up your way is on a large estate with both red and roe and will take out paying guests for the estate. Not sure of prices but if its just a stalk and not medal bucks I don't think it will be expensive. What I will say is that he is very experienced and also still manages a few areas in Fife as well where some incredible roe come off.

He is on this site under michie65.55, drop him a pm and say it was info from me that caused you to enquire.

[Thanks.QUOTE=jamross65;250573]Howard

He is on this site under michie65.55, drop him a pm and say it was info from me that caused you to enquire.[/QUOTE]

Howard

Its a small world that michie 6.5 55 gets about Colin whom he stalked with in Fife is a friend of mine.

Youd do far worse than to get in touch with M J Robson off this site. Based in fife, has some good ground and knows his stuff. I know I learnt a lot when with him.

George

Just like to say thanks to all who given me advice via posts to this thread and the PM's I have received. Very much appreciated.

Its a small world that michie 6.5 55 gets about Colin whom he stalked with in Fife is a friend of mine.

I have never met Colin but have heard a lot about him. michie65.55 is a good mate of mine.

They get some cracking bucks between them!!!

Back