Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Moderator!

Looking for a Moderator!

Just want a bit of advice on which moderator to get. Im looking at and A-tec at the moment. Im looking for a light moderator so my rifles not too unbalanced! Thanks!

dm80 is a light mod
    Last edited by jonevo; 21-08-2011 at 22:25.

i bought an A tec yesterday . ive not used it yet to give you a report though

picked up my dm80 mod for my new 30.06 sako yesterday ,much smaller than my old mk2 model i have on my .243 very nice bit of kit and strippable,worked well.

I use a Jet-Z Compact on my .300wsm, very short but its not "over the barrel type". tames the noise and recoil a bit.

AU-SL5 as per my gallery. Available from Alex Dalgleish in Eaglesham. Regards JCS

Might be worth waiting for one of these Thomas Lowe Defence - Moderator

Saw them at the CLA this year on the BDS stand and they are in shops from September 1st.

very light weight

I have Atec CMM4 lightweight and Roedale both light and really same, same, same.

Another claim i see for the latest thing but the stripdown doesnt look much different

I have also a sparton beuatiful engineering but heavier and no quieter.

If you just want less muzzle flip go light, if you want maximum suppression either spend shedloads or heavy like the T8 which for me are heavy super ugly but the quietest i have heard.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    I have Atec CMM4 lightweight and Roedale both light and really same, same, same.

Another claim i see for the latest thing but the stripdown doesnt look much different

I have also a sparton beuatiful engineering but heavier and no quieter.

If you just want less muzzle flip go light, if you want maximum suppression either spend shedloads or heavy like the T8 which for me are heavy super ugly but the quietest i have heard.

Cheers
    +1 for what Redneck said here. I've a new ATec Maxim on my .270 Sako, nice and light and really balances the rifle. I use a T8 on my .243 and I'm sure its quieter, but lots heavier so I tend not to use it for long stalks etc.

I was in the lane next to a chap who had a Jet-Z on his Tikka, I thought it was a .22 centrefire but it was a .308. For plain noise reduction the Jet-Z compact seems to come out in the top in all the noise reduction tests done in magazines.

For plain lightness you cannot beat the Roedale with the A-TEC CMM4 just behind, by only a very few grammes. The A-TEC CMM4 seems to have a better reputation than the Roedale. I have a Roedale and can only offer this advice, do it up really tightly. Then they work quite well.

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.