Thread: Lazer Boresighter

Lazer Boresighter

Has anyone used a Lazer boresighter and got the results they thought they would get .I used one last week to set a new scope and when i took it out yesterday to finish the job the scope was at least six feet off to the left and around four low?
    Now im aware a lazer doesnt travel the way a bullet would but i thought the left and right would have been fairly close
    Your thoughts please its a 243 with 100gr corelok rounds
    Thanks Peter

What site was it the Bushnell in the barrel type or the shell case type ?
    I have used both and the in breach shell type is best as the Bushnell inbarrel type depends on you getting it into the barrel in exactly the same placeeach time Did you start at 25 yard then move to 100 or just go straight for it withthe live firing
    I’m lucky as the fields at the back the house now have markers at 25 50 75and 100 yards and can easily check the zero either live or with the bore site whenyou have set it up use the site to make a reference point that you can referback to each time

Barrel type .first put lazer at 50yards then set it .Then went to feild and shot it at 50 yards.Am i doing it wrong .Its way out for only 50 yards

did you use the pattern gird target you get with the boresite ?

No just a 4inch x 4inch target on a big cardboard panel .I have the rifle nearly perfect now at 100yards but it took 22 rounds which i was hoping to save with using the lazer.
    Would you say a bullet style lazer is a better .Its more for safety as i want to check the rifle before each outting without firing rounds .If i can pin point where the lazer is at ,when zeroed at the 100 yards its easy checked .
    But if the lazer gives different points of aim im wasting time
    Last edited by BIGRED; 21-08-2011 at 16:37.

I thoguth the idea was to calibrate the laser now your sight is set up, then you will have a referance for next time. Set your scope up, Zero rifle, put laser in chamber and aim at grid, note relation of laser to cross hair. now you have a repeatable referance. I have one here for a 338 that went in the gun once and has never been used since. I get pretty good results bore sighting first on a brick on a neighbours house about 100m away. I am usually within 6" of where i want to be.

Ezzy

Quote Originally Posted by ezzy6.5 View Post
    I thoguth the idea was to calibrate the laser now your sight is set up, then you will have a referance for next time. Set your scope up, Zero rifle, put laser in chamber and aim at grid, note relation of laser to cross hair. now you have a repeatable referance. I have one here for a 338 that went in the gun once and has never been used since. I get pretty good results bore sighting first on a brick on a neighbours house about 100m away. I am usually within 6" of where i want to be.

Ezzy
    thatís the way I use them once set up I use them to dry firereference point only

Yes thats what the plan is.
    Thanks guys
    Peter