Thread: Rws 270

Rws 270

Gents
    Can anyone tell me what you would use RWS H Mantel for.

Among a job lot of 270 ammunition I bought were 17 rounds of RWS H Mantel and 15 rounds of RWS T Mantle that I have no use for.
    Does anyone want then at a very reasonable cost or swap them for a pair of cammo gloves large size.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Although not in 270 Win I have used the 173 Grain H-Mantle in 7x57 on Roe Buck and it's an excellent bullet. If fact it resulted in the fastest drop to shot I have even had on a nice 4 point Roe Buck.

RWS .270 H Mantle is probably the best all round deer cartridge I have ever used.

If I was you (and if I hadn't just sold my .270!), I would use 4 or 5 to re-zero then shoot a dozen deer with the rest. The T mantle is good too. I tried for ages to source the H mantle bullet for reloading but it was really hard to find and very expensive even ten years ago.

Glyn

The problem I have is after being given a lot of bits and pieces of assorted ammo
    40 rounds of Rem 130
    30 rounds of Win 130
    33 rounds of RWS 130 H & T mix
    The rifle loves the Winchester stuff I have not tried it with the Rem or the RWS
    I bought 116 rounds of Norma which the rifle hated I would of shot better with a shotgun, so I pulled all the Norma ammo and re set them the same length as the Winchester stuff and now the rifle shoots the Norma stuff fine.
    The question is how often do I re set the zero on my rifle to shoot small amounts of ammo or do I sell all the small amounts and then reload the Norma cases which I allready have the equipment to do.
    Last edited by sikadog; 22-08-2011 at 15:55.

Sell it all and reload your bullet of choice,job done

not the same bullet but I have only had the misfortune of using the RWS KS in 270 (cone point) and hated it.

had a dreadful habit of travelling in the wrong direction on entry. lots of carcase damage, in the last two animals that were heart shot broadside but one bullet ended up exiting just in front of the opposite haunch and the other shattered on a rib and came out through the gut on the opposite side.

in contrast the Norma SP I normally used (prior to reloading) never seemed to have the same problem.

RWS HMK

not sure I like the separation part in the description

Bewsher
    When I lengthened the Norma ammo I did not separate them I just pulled them until they were too long and then re-set them to the correct length.

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    Bewsher
    When I lengthened the Norma ammo I did not separate them I just pulled them until they were too long and then re-set them to the correct length.
    Ha, no sorry, I didnt mean your separation, I mean the description RWS give of the front half of the round seperatates from the rear of the bullet on impact