Thread: Hunting licence

Hunting licence

Im off to Norway to work for a couple of months, whislt there i will take a week off for the start of the Elk hunting...

All Norwiegens have to take a proficency test before hunting,i took the test last year,but have just read that foriegn hunters dont have to take the test if they have passed similar in thier home country.
    Does anybody know if our DMQ's would fit the bill.......

I will probably do the test, but my mate is coming to join me the day before the hunt and wouldnt have time to do the test anyway.....

Quote Originally Posted by nell View Post
    Im off to Norway to work for a couple of months, whislt there i will take a week off for the start of the Elk hunting...

All Norwiegens have to take a proficency test before hunting,i took the test last year,but have just read that foriegn hunters dont have to take the test if they have passed similar in thier home country.
    Does anybody know if our DMQ's would fit the bill.......

I will probably do the test, but my mate is coming to join me the day before the hunt and wouldnt have time to do the test anyway.....
    No you dont need to do the test. I work and live in Norway 80% of my time and take rifles over there. I have only ever been asked for my European Passport which you can get for Free from the police. You will of course need your FAC to get guns back in the UK if you are taking your own rifle.

Cheers Redneck, my mate sent me a link stating that when applying for a Norwiegen hunting licence the foriegn apllicant may be asked for proof that they have taken a similar test in thier home country, i just wondered if our level 1 shooting test would fit the bill.....

norway

nell give jonher off here a pm he lives in norway but originally from the north east england
    he should be able to give you the crack
    atb tom

Hi Nell,

Just stumbled onto this post!

The text below is taken from the following link:
    http://www.visitnorway.com/en/Articl...liday/Hunting/

If you look at the bit I marked in red it states as long as you can prove you have the proficiency to hunt in the UK you don't need to do anything extra in Norway.

Hunting in Norway

Norway has an abundant fauna and a rich animal life. The opportunities for hunting are many.

There are large numbers of moose, wild reindeer, deer, hare, grouse and other large woodland fowl in the forests and mountains.
    Hunting may be carried out on government property, state common land and private property. However, hunting is not allowed without permission from the landowner and a hunting licence or must be obtained before hunting.

Hunting permits

No hunting is allowed without the landowner’s permission. Landowners are entitled to demand payment for the right to hunt, either by selling permits, or by letting the land.

Persons resident abroad do not have to take a hunting proficiency test providing they satisfy the criteria for permission to undertake similar hunting in their home countries. Documentary proof to that effect must be shown on demand to police, game wardens and other supervisory authorities.

Licence fee

Persons intending to hunt in Norway must pay a hunting licence fee. The fee is for the full hunting year, from 1 April to 31 March. You can both order and pay for your hunting licence on the website of the Norwegian Register of Hunters.

Age limits

The minimum age for small-game hunting is 16, for larger game 18, and for trapping, 16 (except lynx trapping, for which the age limit is 18).
    The Directorate for Nature Management can provide further information about hunting regulations in Norway.
    The Norwegian Directorate of Customs and Excise has information about rules concerning the import of weapons for hunting purposes.

Just found these as well so you can have a read through:
    http://www.njff.no/portal/pls/portal/docs/1/80270.PDF

http://www.dirnat.no/attachment.ap?id=668

If there's anything else your unsure of just drop me a PM and I can look into it for you!

Atb.
    Last edited by Jonher; 29-08-2011 at 16:28. Reason: additional link
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here