Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunsmiths in Hereford & Worcester

SD Regular

Question Gunsmiths in Hereford & Worcester

Can anyone please recommend me a good reliable gunsmith in the Bromyard/Ledbury/Hereford area?

Many thanks
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Mike Norris at Telford too far ?

Neil.

Gunsmith

Mike Norris one of the best i know allow at least five hours he talks the legs off a back horse.

Another Yes for Mike Norris, Really good guy knows his stuff and performs magic with rifles.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

I can endorse ace Brock & Norris service / knowledge with a Cornish smile from Mike and always a witty comment or 3 from Dave.

Cheers

SD Regular
    I have no doubts as to the excellent work done at Brock & Norris, but I am not minded to do the trip just for ammo and day to day stuff when I'm in the area - hence the geography I've specified.
    Any other suggestions please?

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Eric
    Have you tried Philip Morris & Son in the middle of Hereford? postcode HR4 9EE, Phone 01432 377084. They seemed ok when I bought my Sako 308 from them at a very good price this year.

Ian

There are a number of gunsmiths/gun shops/RFDs about the place, all of them good for ammunition and different "day to day stuff". None of them have a huge variety of ammunition in stock so I'd call first if you are after something specific.
    Tony Leamon 07808 775356, north side of Hereford City is an RFD and reloader so knows his stuff, apparently. I only use ready-made, so I'm no judge.
    Leominster Gun Room 01568 615652 - Etnam Street, Leominster - surprisingly!
    R&B Sporting, 01989 763859 - Cropper Row, Ross on Wye.
    Paul Barber, Moccas (west of Hereford City) 01981 500651
    and Philip Morris as previously noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    I have no doubts as to the excellent work done at Brock & Norris, but I am not minded to do the trip just for ammo and day to day stuff when I'm in the area - hence the geography I've specified.
    Any other suggestions please?

E t R
    To be fair, you did ask for gunsmith recommendations, which is exactly what you got...for rifle work it's a choice of Mike Norris in Telford or Richard Pope in Bromsgrove.

We are not terribly well served for generic shooting paraphenalia shops around here - stock is usually limited, inconsistent and expensive. You'll struggle for factory ammunition off the shelf if you shoot anything considered wildly exotic locally, such as .270W

Tony Leamon is good for anything on Midway's list but he keeps odd hours, is only open by appointment and doesn't have half the stuff on in website in stock.

Adam.

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    To be fair, you did ask for gunsmith recommendations, which is exactly what you got...for rifle work it's a choice of Mike Norris in Telford or Richard Pope in Bromsgrove.

We are not terribly well served for generic shooting paraphenalia shops around here - stock is usually limited, inconsistent and expensive. You'll struggle for factory ammunition off the shelf if you shoot anything considered wildly exotic locally, such as .270W

Tony Leamon is good for anything on Midway's list but he keeps odd hours, is only open by appointment and doesn't have half the stuff on in website in stock.

Adam.
    Many thanks Adam - and Bandit Country. Since I clearly have an exotic rifle (270 Win) amongst others.....and am a foreigner, I can see I shall have to garner my stocks carefully!