Gunsmiths in Hereford & Worcester

Gunsmith

Mike Norris one of the best i know allow at least five hours he talks the legs off a back horse. :lol::lol::lol:

Another Yes for Mike Norris, Really good guy knows his stuff and performs magic with rifles.

I can endorse ace Brock & Norris service / knowledge with a Cornish smile from Mike and always a witty comment or 3 from Dave.

Cheers

I have no doubts as to the excellent work done at Brock & Norris, but I am not minded to do the trip just for ammo and day to day stuff when I'm in the area - hence the geography I've specified.
Any other suggestions please?

E t R

Eric
Have you tried Philip Morris & Son in the middle of Hereford? postcode HR4 9EE, Phone 01432 377084. They seemed ok when I bought my Sako 308 from them at a very good price this year.

Ian

There are a number of gunsmiths/gun shops/RFDs about the place, all of them good for ammunition and different "day to day stuff". None of them have a huge variety of ammunition in stock so I'd call first if you are after something specific.
Tony Leamon 07808 775356, north side of Hereford City is an RFD and reloader so knows his stuff, apparently. I only use ready-made, so I'm no judge.
Leominster Gun Room 01568 615652 - Etnam Street, Leominster - surprisingly!
R&B Sporting, 01989 763859 - Cropper Row, Ross on Wye.
Paul Barber, Moccas (west of Hereford City) 01981 500651
and Philip Morris as previously noted.

I have no doubts as to the excellent work done at Brock & Norris, but I am not minded to do the trip just for ammo and day to day stuff when I'm in the area - hence the geography I've specified.
Any other suggestions please?

E t R

To be fair, you did ask for gunsmith recommendations, which is exactly what you got...for rifle work it's a choice of Mike Norris in Telford or Richard Pope in Bromsgrove.

We are not terribly well served for generic shooting paraphenalia shops around here - stock is usually limited, inconsistent and expensive. You'll struggle for factory ammunition off the shelf if you shoot anything considered wildly exotic locally, such as .270W :rolleyes:

Tony Leamon is good for anything on Midway's list but he keeps odd hours, is only open by appointment and doesn't have half the stuff on in website in stock.

Adam.

To be fair, you did ask for gunsmith recommendations, which is exactly what you got...for rifle work it's a choice of Mike Norris in Telford or Richard Pope in Bromsgrove.

We are not terribly well served for generic shooting paraphenalia shops around here - stock is usually limited, inconsistent and expensive. You'll struggle for factory ammunition off the shelf if you shoot anything considered wildly exotic locally, such as .270W :rolleyes:

Tony Leamon is good for anything on Midway's list but he keeps odd hours, is only open by appointment and doesn't have half the stuff on in website in stock.

Adam.

Many thanks Adam - and Bandit Country. Since I clearly have an exotic rifle (270 Win) amongst others.....and am a foreigner, I can see I shall have to garner my stocks carefully!

Tony Leamon is a nice honest guy if you let him know in advance he will get you the stuff in before your trip if he doesnt have it.

other then that shooting supplys in bromsgrove i would think keep most stock in there shop.

as for gunsmiths then i always go to richard pope in bromsgrove. 1st class work and good prices
he will do most things well you wait also depending on what he has on or what you need doing.

ive been in phil morris's shop a couple of times and he doest seam very helpful to me

Back