"Big Head"

alan

We had a range day on Sunday and one of our group brought this head along to show us:
Now the picture is going to be attached to this thread by the master of putting things on here. JB :D
The head when first weighed was 850 gramms and when it was weighed last night it pulled 846 gramms, is this some kind of a record?

So JB over to you...
Ta
Alan

Here you are,

Alansbighead2.jpg

Alansbighead1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Still drying Alan,dinna get too excited,I'm not;)counting my chickens yet
It weighed 925g soaking wet

Last edited:
Outstanding lump of head wear fella.Skull looks relatively normal and a possible 190 CIC point head depending on beauty and span points but hard to say with the pictures.

I think these pictures are better than the ones you sent me, no bloody grinning face all over them :lol::D

I will admit though, you should have put that other tiny GOLD head up in comparison.

I said it before and I will say it again, you jammy git ;)

Simon/

I saw a head v similar to this measured by BASC at the MGF last sept.

I can't swear on it but the trophy went gold and I think it is the one listed as no 2 on the BASC list which was published in August Sporting Rifle. It was shot in Somerset.

Very fine trophy.

Why dont you send it to Richard Prior to get it scored, I am sure he would be very pleased to see and measure it.

D

I saw a head v similar to this measured by BASC at the MGF last sept.

I can't swear on it but the trophy went gold and I think it is the one listed as no 2 on the BASC list which was published in August Sporting Rifle. It was shot in Somerset.

Very fine trophy.

Why dont you send it to Richard Prior to get it scored, I am sure he would be very pleased to see and measure it.

D
I have spoken to Richard via e-mail and sent him some photos,i hope to meet him sometime,a proper gent
Thanks everyone for your kind words,I have to thank a friend,he knows who he is,without him i would not have shot this beast,he is and always will be a cracking pal,i learned him a lot about deer but i think he has more than repayed that,thanks a lot bud:love:,lets put it this way he is a cracking spotter,just need to get him a decent red now
Thanks also go to Moose for all the information he has given myself concerning his taxidermist etc,cheers min
Time will tell what it scores,it will still drop yet

I also need to thank a lad who has learnt me to shoot straight and learnt me a lot about reloading,cheers pal

holiday_2011_+_buck_george_279[1].jpgholiday_2011_+_buck_george_275[1].jpgholiday_2011_+_buck_george_277[1].jpgThe skull next to him scored 143.7CIC,as i said it will be interesting to see how he goes,there you go Simon is that better,no smiling,jammy git in photo either;)
pencil.png

You must be as chuffed as a dog wi two !!!! :D if you get it mounted you'll have to post some more pics!!

Back