Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Land Issues

Land Issues

Well he's the rub, my FAC is up for renewal as we speak and my Firearms Officer visited today. Security and everything turned out to be OK (no change there), the downer is that the land I have on my ticket is no longer suitable (as nominated land) for 22.250. I have an 'open ticket' so have been able to shoot on spec as required. My work means that I am not in a position to give a land owner the time required for regular vermin control, but for the occaisions I am able to get out I would like to retain the condition on my ticket.

Your advice/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

How is "Land no longer suitable"?????????, Also, if your "Ticket" has conditions on it such as land suitabilities / named bits etc, then it is not "Open " .
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

yeah whats changed

Local development has changed the suitability, my other land I have chosen not to nominate as it is unfair on the farmer if I take up 'space' that could be used by a shooter in a better position to control vermin on a regular basis. The ticket is open such that I have the condition to shoot over whatever land I deem suitable with the land owners permission. I do, however have to have a nominated piece of land suitable for the most powerful calibre I wish to shoot. My Police Authority may differ in their interpretation/application to those in other parts of the country.

????
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    How is "Land no longer suitable"?????????, Also, if your "Ticket" has conditions on it such as land suitabilities / named bits etc,
    X2, I don't understand either.

What he is saying is he has a open ticket, but the land he uses to zero, and as his main shooting ground has to be passed for the largest calibre he owns. This is common with police forces.

join a local rifle club?
    regards, Jez.
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

Already a member of local club so can keep rifles no probs. Thanks Jez.