Distinguished members

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Ladies and Gentlmen,

I was contacted by a member of the site recently who put forward a proposal which I thought was a great idea. So after a call to my two colleagues JAYB and csl we all agreed to put this on the site.

Many on here have given their time and effort into raising funds for various charities, which this site has been proud to support. Furthermore many of the members have rallied to give their support by offering free stalking, goods, services and money, to all of you thank you.

But there are a few on here who have gone beyond the norm by putting that extra effort and time into making it all work.

These guys are.

8x57 (mike) who I have met and enjoyed his company whilst in Scotland last year.

Tartanjock (Stu) who I met for the first time some three years back at the CLA.

Basil (john) who I look forward to meeting in the future.

Yorkshirestalking (john) who I also have not met but hope to one day.

Admin has decided that they should have the title Distinguished members as a thank you and recognition of their work for charitable causes.

Alex will be putting some kind of mark next to their avitars

Thank you gentlmen from the Admin Team

Malcolm, John and Alex.

Last edited:
'spose I'll have to buy Basil a pint when we have our pub meet in October!:rolleyes:
Well done guys, you're a credit to the sport.:tiphat:

great idea. i have only been a member a few months but have been offered advice and support beyond that i thought would be given.

thanks for a great site Admin.

regards pj

great suggestion,

It is nice to now have a "distinguished members" category on this fantastic site, in recognition of peoples generosity and its nice for the recipients to be rewarded with such an honour.

well done to person who suggested it in the first place and to the site staff who has agreed that such a membership should exist.

regards

ajr

Guys I’m both extremely honoured and deeply embarrassed to be nominated for such a grand title, because as basil has already said it’s the site members who deserve recognition. All I’ve done is a small amount of organising and arranging. It’s been the site members who have approached me, YES approached me, with offers of help or assistance including some very expensive prizes be it in the form of stalking or other goods.

I’m very reluctant to start my own list of site members who have rushed forward to help for fear of causing offence to those that don’t immediately come to mind because of my flawed memory, but the list is so long and the very last thing that I want to do is miss anyone off the list. None the less quite a few guys come immediately to mind mainly because I’ve had a fair bit of communication with them. Guys like Roedinator, Finnbear270, Buckup and even Sikamalc himself who has donated more than a few days stalking to good causes and site members.

A lot of these guys have gone to great personal expense.

They say “that you only get out what you put in to something”. Well that’s not quite true, because I’ve had a tremendous amount of pleasure, education and enrichment from the stalking directory over a number of years now. I’ve also had the great pleasure of meeting quite a few of the site members, who without exception it has been my honour to meet. I’ve taken far more out of this site than I’ve contributed to it. I just hope that the site continues to grow and to retain this willingness of the members to help fellow shooters and stalkers whenever possible.

What a great idea totally agree with it,wonder who else is going to be called distinguished.I bet there are a few other members on this forum who would like the title, MUTLY off Dick Dasterdely springs to mind medal,medal,medal.:rofl:.

Do we (the unwashed plebs) have to address them on the forum / in person differently now?
John Robbo already insists on me calling him Master ! :D

Well done guys !

Rodge

Ermmm, I'm also a tad embarrssed. As had been said by 8x57 (Mike), I have only kick started something, it's the SD Members that make it happen. The H4H Auctions are hard work to run, but if I didn't want to do it, I wouldn't.

There are plenty on here, through there kind donations that make things happen, it's down to them thas this has happened.

So thanks to those who have donated items/stalking/equipment. Thanks to those who have bid on all the auction lots.

I have met plenty off this site, I have talked to many more over the phone and via PM. I have made some good friends via the SD.

So it's down to all the members and the owners, with out you it make things a little more difficult.

Thank You!

TJ

Honoured and embarrassed.

Just seen this and am as the title says.:eek:
I have met many great folks off these sites and this one ranks as the best, so the award realy means something. THANKS.
The auction I am running is just something for me to put my efforts into and my way of coping. I never expected anything from it other than to raise a little cash for the ward my farther passed away in. (we burry him tomorrow).
If the cash can help someone else in the town to stay in touch with a loved one in their last hours its got to be worth it.
Thanks for your support and kind words.
We are just short of £2000 at the mo with over a month left so come on keep giving.
I will make it known to the press all this money has come from shooting folk and we can be a compasionate bunch when we need to be. (just don't mention foxes):-|:D

Guys I’m both extremely honoured and deeply embarrassed to be nominated for such a grand title, because as basil has already said it’s the site members who deserve recognition. All I’ve done is a small amount of organising and arranging. It’s been the site members who have approached me, YES approached me, with offers of help or assistance including some very expensive prizes be it in the form of stalking or other goods.

I’m very reluctant to start my own list of site members who have rushed forward to help for fear of causing offence to those that don’t immediately come to mind because of my flawed memory, but the list is so long and the very last thing that I want to do is miss anyone off the list. None the less quite a few guys come immediately to mind mainly because I’ve had a fair bit of communication with them. Guys like Roedinator, Finnbear270, Buckup and even Sikamalc himself who has donated more than a few days stalking to good causes and site members.

A lot of these guys have gone to great personal expense.

They say “that you only get out what you put in to something”. Well that’s not quite true, because I’ve had a tremendous amount of pleasure, education and enrichment from the stalking directory over a number of years now. I’ve also had the great pleasure of meeting quite a few of the site members, who without exception it has been my honour to meet. I’ve taken far more out of this site than I’ve contributed to it. I just hope that the site continues to grow and to retain this willingness of the members to help fellow shooters and stalkers whenever possible.

mike congrats on your new title . having met you and your family and knowing how much work and dedication you have put into
the SD rifle shoot at monmouth to make it such a great succes and raise so much for charity .

also to the other guys nominated a couple of you I have not met yet but well done .

regards pete .

Of course there is the other end of the title table, that's when we make you Extinguished members :D. Well done to those that have now become honoured, all thoroughly deserved.

John

So are those that aren't fit enough to organise anything nor in a position to offer stalking, still allowed to use the site :oops:

Back