Sierra .308 135grn HPBT, anyone used them?

jamross65

As above.

I am struggling to get bullets locally and have been offered a box of the above from my local shop. I would assume they will be pretty severe on the meat? I am using a 20'' barrel in .308 so not firing them out at particularly fast MV.

They are to be used on Sika, Red and Roe.

I would appreciate any comments from anyone who has experience with this bullet.

Thanks in advance.

I have just had a look on the Sierra website as I had not been aware of this particular bullet and see that it is classed as 'Matchking'. So I won't expect many replies...

Last edited:
I've seen deer shot with the 168 matchking and they performed ok, and i've seen deer shot with the 6mm 70g matchking and they performed ok.

so not much help , sorry

They are a target bullet (matchking) and not designed to expand in a predictable manner so would not be legal to use for shooting deer in most parts of the U.K.

If you are stuck for bullets it might be worth considering bringing them in from the USA. Even their stocks of some types are getting pretty low and it seems to be the "low cost" cup and core types which are being hit hardest. Nosler Partitions and the like still seem readily available.

They are a target bullet (matchking) and not designed to expand in a predictable manner so would not be legal to use for shooting deer in most parts of the U.K.

of course you are absolutley correct but the poster didn't ask if it was legal?

Back