Scope Help Required

gelert

done before probably but i need some help.:confused:
Ive narrowed my list down to the following and need some guidance.
mainly woodland and all second hand and all under or near £300 and all fixed power
Swarovski Habicht 6x42 £300
s & b choice of 4 with the cheapest at £275 hungarian
khales 6x42 £250
zeiss diatal 6x42 £350
zeiss diavari 6x42 £350
the only scopes ive been able to compare with is my friends khales and a new s&b in the shop.
i would appreciate every and all input as to which should be considered.
sadly i cant get to hold and play with these hence my conundrum.

Given those listed, I think they are all going to be very close in the performance arena.

Possibly with the exeption of the Khales, price is not really a major part of the decision making either.

Personally, I would probably opt for the Zeiss or Swarovski only because I have used them over the last 25yrs or so.

One other small point but may save money in the future. Are any of them 30mm tubes? I would assume 26mm with being fixed power. Should you at some point decide to go for a variable, most are 30mm tubes which may mean the cost of new mounts should your current fixed power be 26mm.

The only thing I would add is that if your budget could stretch to it, the 1 1/2-6x42 swarovski is an unbelievable wee scope for woodland stalking. Given the close ranges you may shoot at turning it down to 2 or 3 for a quick free hand shot is a huge asset but fixed 6x is still a very sensible option IMO.

all are great scopes. I can vouch for the S&B and the Zeiss Diavari..but to be honest, pick one that's in the best condition, with the reticle you prefer and which fits your mounts.

I would have to agree with jamross65 and opt for either the Zeiss or Swarovski , i have been using a 6x42 Swarovski on
my .22 for 10 years and it has been faultless unlike my shooting sometimes:D

Back