Thread: Possible new rifle-

Possible new rifle-

Just had a call from my mate, I've been offered a near mint Rigby origional in .275, trouble is I've only just got a new SR21 Heym in 7x57 (both same - 7mm Mauser). What justification could I give to have both (firearms Dept, not the missus!)

My Heym is set up for woodland, and the Rigby is a very light weight none moderated hill gun - but would that be enough?!

T

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    My Heym is set up for woodland, and the Rigby is a very light weight none moderated hill gun - but would that be enough?!

T
    That might be enough to do it.

They are very tight on having two deer cals here in NI, when I got the second, I basically said one was a synthetic moderated rifle for small-medium deer, wet weather etc. The other was a timber stocked "nice day" gun.

They accepted that, though I have two different cals..
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Just had a call from my mate, I've been offered a near mint Rigby origional in .275, trouble is I've only just got a new SR21 Heym in 7x57 (both same - 7mm Mauser). What justification could I give to have both (firearms Dept, not the missus!)

T
    could be enough, also, say you'd like a backup in the same calibre, in case one is out of use for XYZ reason.

I asked for two large centrefire calibres because I never wanted to be without a rifle for deer management again. I asked for a .308 to go alongside my 6.5x55 and the police were absolutely fine about it.

This was because of a stupid mistake I made trying to re-cock a bolt at stupid-o-clock on a very cold winters morning while stuck up a highseat. I managed to find most of it, the big bits, but not the spings. I then had about a month of complaints that I was doing nothing about problem deer.

I wish you luck.

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

You have got to go for it. A real Rigby in .275 just owning it is a dream! Worst they can say is no, certainly worth a certain amount of undignified grovelling!

David.

I've got 2x .25-06 on my license.

Just told them one was for wild deer so light and no mod and one for park which is heavier and moderated. They had no problems whatever.

P.S is that Rigby at Reeves? Nice gun if it is the one...

Yep, it's st Reeves - think I'm going to go for it!

T

Ok if you got 4.5K to spend!