Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Max's now categorised as expanding ammunition

A Max's now categorised as expanding ammunition

I do not use Horndy A-Max but found this on another forum .
    just thought to let you all know incase it is true of D&C making there own rules up? http://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3758

Bob
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

Perhaps someone ought to tell the other vendors selling A-Max by post. I bought some from Sportsman not long ago, I use them on the range at the shooting club I belong to.

Can...........worms...........open................ ...........................................?!

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Had this discussion with firearms and was told that expanding is only expanding if it say hunting, game or implies expanding in connection with shooting live animals. If it says target, match or implies accuracy for target shooting then it's non expanding.

So what it implies the product is suited for on the box determines if it is expanding or not and it is nothing to do with the performance of the bullet in use.

I heard they were in use in Afghanistan by some American troops as they were a "target" bullet and therefore allowable under the Hague convention.
    And good shooting to them that use them.

fraser

A-MAX®

Features:

HIGH BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT

We engineer the most efficient profiles on the market with the highest possible ballistic coefficient.
    SECANT OGIVE PROFILE

The geometric profile works to produce low drag and flatter trajectories.The secant ogive design also provides the optimum bearing surface for stability in flight and the best ballistic coefficient possible.
    SWAGED LEAD CORE

The swaging process provides excellent uniformity and balance for consistent performance and accuracy.
    AMP™ BULLET JACKET

Now featuring revolutionary new AMP (Advanced Manufacturing Process) bullet jackets! These new bullet jackets are a technological advancement in design, tooling and manufacturing that combine to produce the most consistently concentric bullet jackets available. Hornady AMP jackets are the foundation for exceptional bullet accuracy and have virtually zero tolerance for concentricity and near zero wall thickness variation.A-MAX®

Features:

HIGH BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT

We engineer the most efficient profiles on the market with the highest possible ballistic coefficient.
    SECANT OGIVE PROFILE

The geometric profile works to produce low drag and flatter trajectories.The secant ogive design also provides the optimum bearing surface for stability in flight and the best ballistic coefficient possible.
    SWAGED LEAD CORE

The swaging process provides excellent uniformity and balance for consistent performance and accuracy.
    AMP™ BULLET JACKET

Now featuring revolutionary new AMP (Advanced Manufacturing Process) bullet jackets! These new bullet jackets are a technological advancement in design, tooling and manufacturing that combine to produce the most consistently concentric bullet jackets available. Hornady AMP jackets are the foundation for exceptional bullet accuracy and have virtually zero tolerance for concentricity and near zero wall thickness variation.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Maybe Devon & Cornwall read something different?............... until the manufacturers revert to anything else to describe A max .............?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

sounds like a bullet designed for top end target shooting to me...

Can anyone show us a bullet that won't expand. Guaranteed.?
    We managed to get armour piercing tungsten carbide bullets to expand and fragment.
    All bullets expand mainly depends on what they hit and what speed.
    They should just remove that silly law. Save goverment money.
    edi

Can you kill deer with them?

With what?

PM me!