steiner 8x30 marine binoculars

I had the older set but changed them for nighthunter 8x30. Excellent but loose light quickly with a 30mm ob lens. the darkness would come in but the 7x42 swarri scope still gave a clear picture long after the bins was foggy. That said they serve me well. Jim

I've a pair of Leupold 8x42 windriver that are not expensive and having compared them to some top end glass would highly recommend them, they see past the capability of any scope

I Bought a pair of Steiner Ranger Pro 8x42 as a leightweight pair for Africa. when i went to purchase them i wasoriginally intending to purchase another set of Zeiss or Swarovskis like my main binos, but i can honestly say that i was astonsished by the quality of the Steiner ranger pros especially for less than £400

Theres a lad from york guns whos now got an ebay shop and is now selling steiner marines for £99 which is a cracking price, hes also selling schmidt pm11's for around £1600 :eek:

I bought a pair of these from York guns. They were advertised on ebay. I have had no problems with them, good glass for the money if you ask me.

Do you mean these: http://www.steiner-binoculars.com/binoculars/military/280.html

Not sure mine is an objective review as I bought a pair secondhand. The optics were okay but the collimation went slightly out. I wanted to get them repaired but having sent them to Steiner they told me that they are not repairable. I find this hard to believe of any binoculars but that's what they said. They offered me a small discount off a new pair but as I already had pairs of Swaros and Zeiss I decided not to. The Steiners now sit in the game larder.

willie_gunn

Back