Thread: TIKKA T3 223 VARMINT RIFLE - as new

TIKKA T3 223 VARMINT RIFLE - as new

Tikka T3 Varmint, Synthetic \ blue, 20" barrel screwcut, 1:12 twist, magazine, box, manual, receipt etc

the S&B scope & rings in photo are not included but may be for the right price

Got this listed on guntrader currently, I managed to purchase the wrong barrel twist with the expert help of the gunshop assistant. i wanted a 1:8 instead.

Its only fired 6 shots on one outing as i found out at that point it wont fire the ammo i currently have.

Looking for 700 which is already a good saving on new price

i have all bits that came with it plus shop receipt etc.

any questions please ask

What is the 'right price' Yogi?

Martin

Scope is a Schmidt and Bender 4-16 x 50 Precision hunter, p3 mil dot reticle , 1st focal plane, side parallax, butler creek flip up covers, only ever been on my 17hmr until now, then 6 shots on a 223. optics are perfect outside may have some very minor cosmetic marks. The scope under the lamp in low light is superb as it is in daylight. current scope price is 1650 in uttings.

The mounts are proper Warne weaver steel mounts sitting on tikka bases

i will sell the scope together if the price is right but next scope i get will be a S&B PMII

cheers

just put a decent 1:8 26" match barrel on there, surely better than getting another T3 with a mediocre barrel in the right twist...

or,,change ammo

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    just put a decent 1:8 26" match barrel on there, surely better than getting another T3 with a mediocre barrel in the right twist...

or,,change ammo
    I hope you have a hard hat handy.

To my knowledge, that's the first time the reputation of Tikka (Sako) barrels has been impugned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    I hope you have a hard hat handy.

To my knowledge, that's the first time the reputation of Tikka (Sako) barrels has been impugned.
    Don't get me wrong, I own and love Sako, but:
    a. I don't believe the Tikka barrels are the same as the Sako, having seen both up close, or at least that they are manufactured to the same tight tolerances
    b. My sako is deadly accurate, but I still admit, it's a top-end 'factory' barrel, but hence also a 'mediocre' barrel if you throw match grade into the mix

not insulting the barrel, just putting it in comparison to what else is out there (non factory)

How about a swap for my SGC AR15?

Comes with a Ultra jet Supressor (320) mags 1x20rnd 3x30 rnd and a selection of mounts. The 10-40x50 IR scope is alright for a cheapo and the rifle is spot on accurate and with a 1:9 twist rate will eat anything happily.Really easy to change stock, butt and adjust to preferences.

Standard Specification Rifle

Lower receiver assembly
    SGC forged 7075-T6 alloy lower receiver
    M4 rifle buttstock
    SGC & DPMS lower receiver parts
    Standard trigger and hammer
    A2 pistol grip
    Standard safety
    Standard mag release
    Standard bolt release
    Magazine 20 round capacity
    Upper receiver assembly
    A3 upper receiver with DPMS bolt & carrier (integral scope rail)
    Standard firing pin
    Military A2 front handguards and A frame sight Or standard alloy free float tube
    Chrome moly "ultramatch" barrel 20" 1 in 9 twist
    Assembly and proof testing of custom rifle
    Front sling swivel