Thread: Dsc 1

Dsc 1

Hi I'm looking at doing my level one assessment but struggeling to find a place that just does the assessment, would like to do it sooner rather than later and not sure of the price

Cheers Sam

BDS sometimes run just the test in Clitheroe. Order your book from Donnington deer services for, I think, 20 odd quid, then just do the test for about 90 or so. Register with BDS to do the test.

Tony
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Hi I'm looking at doing my level one assessment but struggeling to find a place that just does the assessment, would like to do it sooner rather than later and not sure of the price

Cheers Sam
    Jelen Deer Services run a course monthly - next one at the end of September - cost 279. Other providers are about the same and you may find a course closer to you. Four weeks is about the right pre-study time wothout putting yourself under too much pressure.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

PM sent. Limulus is right about Clitheroe. I think it was about 150 for the day in total? I used the Jelen Disc as well as the Best Practice guide and the DSC1 Manual.

atb

Browning A-Bolt Medalion .243 Doctor Optics 8x56 T4 Mod
    CZ Varmint .17HMR + 6.5-20x56 + Wildcat Mod
    CZ American .22lr + 3-9x56 + Mod
    Baikal 12g single ejector

I did assessment only through the BDS (Dave Goffin ran it in Edinburgh)
    Saved myself 3 days of classroom confinement!

SD Regular
    Sorry, just re-read your first post - Jelen will also do assessment only - contact mike.allison@jelendeer.com - I think it's a tad cheaper than the BDS. BASC should also give you the option of assessment only - not sure of the price.

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

From your location I would suggest Donnington Deer to take the test. Get his manual too to use as reference. I used www.britishdeer.co.uk as a revison aid and I think it helps you learn the answers and ID (if you dont already know them), I just accessed on my blackberry when I had a spare minute or 2.

Using those methods and a bit of experience I passed with full marks apart from 1 ID question (bloody sika!)

I did my DSC 1 at the Barony Collage in Dumfries & Galloway over a weekend, the satuday spent learning about the deer and then same on sunday plus the exam then the shooting part. It was run by Paul Adkins, on here as "paul at barony".

The NGO do assesment only one day at about 100 inc the manual, really good value.