Thread: Deer Stalking

Deer Stalking

Does anybody need any help with shooting deer please pm me

Whilst I admire the direct approach, the wording of your request comes across a little patronising. An offer of help is fine but to get into stalking you need to offer your services as a ghillie or better still to tag along to gain experience, leave your rifle at home for the first few outings then the shooting will follow once you build a relationship with the permission holder.
    People are very wary of this type of offer, many have been had-over in the past and feel that allowing someone else onto their ground is a huge risk.... Please don't take this as a critisism, it's just friendly advice.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I think that you will have to try harder than that to get some deer stalking.

same here - ideally within 20 miles radius of Jedburgh for Roe, anywhere around Peebles for Sika, or Argyll for Reds/Hinds/Cavles, I prefer exclusivity of stalking rights, and will happily help with deer management pro-bono.

Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    Does anybody need any help with shooting deer please pm me
    I need some help...buggers won't stand still and when they hear you coming they run away.
    can you help?

how about i shoot them and you carry them

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    I need some help...buggers won't stand still and when they hear you coming they run away.
    can you help?
    I can help here, the report off my old smoke pole stuns everything in front of the muzzle for about two minutes.
    Would that help?

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    can you help?
    Have you tried singing to them?
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox