Thread: Vacuum Sealer

Vacuum Sealer

Can anybody recommend me a good vacuum sealer that doesn't cost the earth?
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

You missed out on the Lidl ones then? About 4-5 weeks ago they had them going for, I think, 28.
    Take a look at their website to see if they're still doing them.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

I actually have one, but it is not very good. It doesn't seal. So rather than waste money I am looking to buy a decent one that will "do what it says on the tin". So I'm trying to see if anybody can recommend a make.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    SS

I have two Foodsaver vacuum sealers that I've bought from eBay - there was another one this week that went for around 30. So long as you don't want them for industrial use they are fine. They extract all the air very efficiently and then seal. I use them for all the venison, game and fish that I shoot/catch.

The only downside is the cost of the bags/tubes themselves, but you can re-use them several times.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

With my keyboard warrior skills there are three makes that seem to keep coming up.
    Foodsaver
    Eiffel
    Andrew James

So gotta have a mooch about at the prices over the next day or so.

I have the Eiffel one, does the job but bags are pricey as you must use the embossed ones.

Had it for a couple of years and makes professional presentation of the venison/salmon etc

308boy, with all vacuum sealers like the one you have and the one I have you have no choice but to use embossed bags. The only vacuum machine that can use un embossed is the large catering ones that you put in and shut the lid on then vacuum. Ours use the vacuum first then seals so the embossed veins help suck the air out of the bag whilst the lid is shut tight.

I have a lava 300 vacuum machine, its very good but is a little pricey unless you get one 2nd hand on ebay

cheapest embossed bags I have found is from ebay again, they are the 'andrew james' ones

I use the Andrew James one, bags or roll can be bought and it does what it says on the tin.

Leon

Got to say I have lidl one and used it for two tears used trout tubes for fish n rabbit and lidl freezer bags for everything from venison to veg and had no problems. Bargin money too