Thread: Fuel price hike??

Fuel price hike??

Anyone heard something along the lines of a 9 pence per litre fuel hike across the board by winter?............. can't substantiate what Iv'e been hearing bandied about.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

The farmers lad where I do a lot of lamping has a fuel mix right where he puts filtered veg oil in with a tenner's worth of diesel. Not treated bio-diesel minging veg oil and his landcruiser has been fine with it for months. I told him he was nuts but the bloody thing runs fine although the smell is terrible.

Shhhhh........dont tell anyone but veg oil works fine been running my pajero on it for months not a problem.

Price hyke?? around here it goes up and down like a whores knickers never comes down as much as it goes up.. They hyke all the prices not just fuel for the holiday seasone then again for Bank Hols.................... really gets my goat..

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Anyone heard something along the lines of a 9 pence per litre fuel hike across the board by winter?............. can't substantiate what Iv'e been hearing bandied about.
    I think the only thing you could post that would shock the motorist is an announcement of a reduction in fuel cost.

The last figures I saw, and they were pretty old so we are probably looking at double by now, indicated that once you subtracted all the money spent by government on any form of transport (Because you could argue that it is reasonable for the motorist to pay their way and even to finance the trains, buses and lycra warriors) then the British motorist was paying the tax man a "profit" of somewhere over 30 billion per year.

In a way motorists are a little bit like gun owners - the government likes to keep demonising what they do as it leaves them only to glad to be allowed to drive a car and so they don't complain too much about the cost. Just like with the anti-shooting lobby the number of anti-motoring nutters is probably only just about in double figures but they get a very high profile.

Another thing worth being aware is that our tax money is used to fund organisations such as Greenpeace and Friends of the Earth because the EU consider it healthy to have such "advocacy" organisations. We are not talking funding of a few quid either. So the tax you are paying on fuel is being used to fund the nutters who campaign for more tax on fuel!!

As with any situation where a small number of nutters are manipulated in order that some control might be exerted over a large number of reasonable and law abiding people this is a house built on sand and so it is important that we all let our MPs and other representitives know that we resent funding green nutter organisations and that we are not at all pleased to be having our back passage thoroughly reamed out every time we drive our car.