Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Stealth Camera Pictures

More Stealth Camera Pictures

Put out two cameras this time separated by two fields, one in the same places as last time & the other in a gateway between two stubble fields. This one was less productive with 45 shots in the week mainly of rabbit & badger but about fifteen of roe & muntjac. Also a great shot of a rabbit scooting off followed 4 seconds later by a departing bird of prey through the gap!

The other camera took 450 shots but I found 150 were of me & my garage door being opened & closed as I left the camera on!

The other 300 were masses of rabbits this time, a lot of badger & pheasants but some great roe & muntjac shots.

I find it really fascinating looking at these & seeing the times they were taken, the one of the muntjac scratching was taken just a few minutes before I collected the camera yesterday evening.

Cheers

Chris

Muntjac in the gap

Roe & 2 youngsters we see every week

Muntjac having a good old scratch!

This young fox was on 6 pics probably mousing

Cheeky rabbit

Very interested rabbit

Yet another munty that looks pregnant

Lovely little youngster

I think this is the malformed buck from the shots taken a few weeks ago

He's got a very distinctive scar on his right flank

He got very curious

Surprised fox
    Last edited by Chris Rob; 01-09-2011 at 14:10.
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Chris, about that buck. I may be completely wrong about this, and it wouldn't be the first time, but he looks old to me. The shape of his rump in the first picture and the way his ribs show through, it jsy made me think he was going back, or certainly struggling. There was no shine or plumpness to him.

If you know him as one of your regulars, then I apologise, but to me he just looks wrong.

Nice photo's though. It's amazing how may are looking at the camera, is this the noise, or the flash?

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Sorry you may be right there Simon I meant to put that caption on the picture of the real youngster. The one with the scar does look like an old campaigner, I'll remove the tag.

I have quite a few shots were the subject is really interested in the camera, it doesn't use a flash but is infra red, the led's glow when it's activated so I guess its them they are seeing.

Cheers

Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

very nice and clear photos, what is the camera model/make

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Chris

Great pics - seriously impressed with the camera!

It will be interesting to get the views of others, but I was going to side with you on the buck's age. To me he doesn't seem to carry the profile of an older buck. He may just be in poor condition following a prolonged rut, but his neck and belly seem to lack the bulk I'd expect from an older animal. Likewise the lack of grey to his face and non-coalesced coronets also made me think he was younger.

But what do I know - there's a 50:50 chance of me being right We'll only know for sure when you can post the photo of his teeth!

Would be interesting to know what caused the scar.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Those are great pictures Chris. I was also interested to note that some of the animals are looking at the camera and I was inclined to suspect that something had drawn their attention to it before the "flash" had actually gone off i.e. they appear to actually have been looking at the camera before it took the photo. Does it make some small noise or something before it takes the shot? Or is it perhaps just the case that it takes 2 or 3 photos at a time and perhaps the first photo attracted the attention of the animal?

Quote Originally Posted by Para View Post
    very nice and clear photos, what is the camera model/make
    They are a Wildview 4mp IR Game 1430IR & a Wildview 2mp IR Scout TGL2IR

ATB

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by caorach View Post
    Those are great pictures Chris. I was also interested to note that some of the animals are looking at the camera and I was inclined to suspect that something had drawn their attention to it before the "flash" had actually gone off i.e. they appear to actually have been looking at the camera before it took the photo. Does it make some small noise or something before it takes the shot? Or is it perhaps just the case that it takes 2 or 3 photos at a time and perhaps the first photo attracted the attention of the animal?
    I've set them to take a burst of 3 so they are probably looking at the IR led's lighting up, they make no noise at all.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Chris

Great pics - seriously impressed with the camera!

It will be interesting to get the views of others, but I was going to side with you on the buck's age. To me he doesn't seem to carry the profile of an older buck. He may just be in poor condition following a prolonged rut, but his neck and belly seem to lack the bulk I'd expect from an older animal. Likewise the lack of grey to his face and non-coalesced coronets also made me think he was younger.

But what do I know - there's a 50:50 chance of me being right We'll only know for sure when you can post the photo of his teeth!

Would be interesting to know what caused the scar.

willie_gunn
    I've tried to lighten these two up Dom to see better his face & antlers I also blew the head up a tad but cannot post that pic, looking closer you may be right.

I would be interested in others opinion.

ATB

Chris

Chris,

These are the best pics I have seen posted from a stealth cam - you have done a good job positioning the camera to get so many close-ups. I suspect these will make more people consider getting one.

Neal