Burris Eliminator 4-12x42 Laser Scope; awesome

barongcw

Ambled off to Bisley today to try out this scope that has an automatic drop adjustment and incorporates a range finder.

As it turned out I did not have a "certificate of competence" I could not shoot on the range so one of the experts had a go.

I had already zeroed it at 100 yards before going so once the ace was used to the trigger his 2nd shot was a bang in the middle.

Off to the 500 yard ranges. The scope meaured it at 501 so that was allright. The first shot was a little to the right as no account was taken off the wind. The second shot 2 inch below.

We left it at that and went home. Not certain who was more impressed with this bit of kit, me or the range instructor.

See that it is now priced at under £ 600 on Google. In my view a bit of kit worth having as it saves carrying around a range finder.

Am curious how if it will survive the rough treatment it will get in the field; we will see.

I bought one a while back, the eliminator version and got bored of it after two months.
It works for drop allright if you know your exact drop in inches at 500yrds.
Got wrid of it as it is useless USELESS in low light.
Have a proper scope now, a S&B Zenith 3-12X50:lol:

I bought one a while back, the eliminator version and got bored of it after two months.
It works for drop allright if you know your exact drop in inches at 500yrds.
Got wrid of it as it is useless USELESS in low light.
Have a proper scope now, a S&B Zenith 3-12X50:lol:

Disagree with you there. I went to Bisley to see if I had programmed the scope right for the bullets I use and if it would work. It did perfectly.

Have not tried it in low light but will soon.

I always find the US scopes, Leupold in particular, as good as the Germans for 1/3 of the price.

As the scope in mounted on a Blaser I can change scope in less then 30 seconds if I need a scope with an illuminated recticle or a nightsight.

The elliminator must be a diffrent set up to the Fullfield II range of scopes, as they are exellent in low light @ £400/500, I never tried the S&B , but there cannot be more than 10 mins in it , after dark for an extra £500+:-|

And Bisley wonders why people avoid shooting or going there............................. Sheesh!

I think you need to read my post again, I didnt say that it didnt work for drop, in fact they work excellently. I said they are useless in low light.

Disagree with you there. I went to Bisley to see if I had programmed the scope right for the bullets I use and if it would work. It did perfectly.

Have not tried it in low light but will soon.

I always find the US scopes, Leupold in particular, as good as the Germans for 1/3 of the price.

As the scope in mounted on a Blaser I can change scope in less then 30 seconds if I need a scope with an illuminated recticle or a nightsight.

Back