Turret changed for ballistic type

deerwarden

I have a Leupold VXIII4.5x14x50LR scope and have fitted a Kenton Industries tuned trajectory compensator to it, in other words a target turret, for $149.90 you supply details of your home load or favorite factory and they build a top or side turret for you, you choose whether its a target, miliatry, or long turret, they build what you want, easy to install, comes marked up with load, i.e. mine says N.P. 130 gn for my favorite partition load in 130gns. I like to have my scope set to 200 yds zero, but when a client now uses it I set the zero to 100yds for him and change to the "2" setting for me works a treat, and only paid £16 tax and entry fee to u.k. They export to the world and take about 28 days to arrive, lots of scopes to choose to update to.deerwarden:D

Hi Deerwarden,
Can you tell me how much info they need, do they need height of scope above the bore -velocity - etc,
Thanks
George

its all on the website.

its not rocket science and they are very well made, I would be very interested to see how accurate they are on drop figures when supplied with a MV, calibre, bullet weight, BC etc.

lots of programs will "predict" trajectory, but as we all know.....they dont always follow the directions on the box when you pull the trigger.

there was a pair for sale in the classifieds that I was looking at for mine. I couldn't justify the £300 on top of the scope for something I doubt I would use that much

did your scope have a coin slot or twist knob before you fitted them?
Easy to fit?

let us all know how you get on though, it is interesting.

The Leupold had twist caps that come off to reveal the "coin" slot, very easy to fit once you've got the plastic cap off. Only wanted a top turret, the range of bullets is quite large, you just fill in the height of scope, muzzle FPS, weight of bullet and BC value if you want custom load, standard one is done on a variety of standard bullet weights/makes as there they say there is only marginal differences in BCs etc. Mine is spot on to 400 yds if I DO MY BIT my end. Good tool for me as my rifle is used as an estate rifle, and I can tweak it to suit the stalker then revert back to my zero and when staked out on foxes etc, just dial in the range. Same as you would on a target turret except mine is for my home load of NP 130gn @ 2850 fps. Must also add there are many differant makes of scopes they make standard ones for, deerwarden.

Last edited:
i have had 2 sets of these turrets on 2 differant leupold vxl scopes.1scope had 1/4moa clicks the other had 1/10 moa clicks.
had them on 257 roberts ai point of inpact out to 600 was spot on .just make sure you ballistic info is good to start with,
aso have mine set @200yds zero.
bob

You must give accurate figures, Lee I know you have a Crony as the muzzle FPS needs to be correct for a custom build, standard ones will have some minor errors possibly, don't know as I sent all the correct details possible. Good add on for me as My rifle is set for me to 200 yds and can now be turned down to 100yds when a client uses my rifle as an estate rifle, then back up for me. I like the client to get as close to the bull as possible, when set to 200yds there's a 1.8" high impact, so now just set my zero to 200 and dial down to 100yds for the clients, also can range in perfectly for stakeout spots for foxes etc and know it will be on the button. deerwarden.

Ive been using these turrets for a few years now and find them great.
I use the speed dial format which I think is best for hunting.
You can also give them your actual bullet drop figures and they will make a turret to suit.
They will make a turret for a leupold with the coin slot turret but all other scopes must have target turrets.

Back