Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: firearms officer visit today. worried !!

firearms officer visit today. worried !!

So my shotgun ticket is up. Filled out the forms for renewal and had my vist this morning the woman was v v cold and unhelpfull and homed in like arrow to the fact I was treated for anxity 2 years ago and really quzed me about it dispite only being on the tabs for only 6months due to the fact my daughter was v v ill and the downturn had hit my business badly. Should I be worried ? Ps right at the get go I said to my doctor that I didn't want hurt myself or anyone else

Well will probably get blasted once again but sorry I really do think you will have problems here. one just cannot trust the Police where Firearms Licensing is involved. Prepare for the worst and get onto your shooting org ASAP.

If your certificate is up as you say i take it you have them in another SGC holders posession? Mine was renewed at midday 12h after expiry and i was warned of a possible offence...

hi mate

hi mate, i too have suffered with deppression due to a marriage break up. But as long as you decare it on forms when you apply, you should have had no problems.I have certs for shotguns and rimfire and centerfire rifles and have no probs regards tony

I've been onto sacs this morning. Surely going to the docs and being treated is the correct and sensible thing to do ?

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    If your certificate is up as you say i take it you have them in another SGC holders posession? Mine was renewed at midday 12h after expiry and i was warned of a possible offence...
    Sorry that should have read its up in november

as long as you are honest with them and like you said you did the right thing by going to docs mabe get in touch with doc again and ask for letter from him stating you are fit and healthy again and get sacs to fight your corner if it goes against you

webby

Be 100% honest in filling in your renewal and a letter from your doctor will have you flying through.

The important thing is you were open about it. If they saw it as a public safety issue they would have acted right away so I'm sure it's fine. We all get a bit nervous at renewal time. next year for me!