FAC & SGC renewal

Eyefor

To avoid hijacking someone else's thread on renewals could someone please advise where I can find out when to apply for renewal of my FAC and SGC which coterminously expire on 6th Jan 2012 (4 months time)?

Also, do they tell me, do I have to apply - or do I just ring them?

Bedfordshire Firearms department have always been excellent with my variations and previous renewals but they recently joined with Hertfordshire & I've heard things are taking a little longer than previously.

TIA

Wilts Police have written to me in the past a few months before the renewal date. Have a look at your local force's website, there should be details/forms on there.

Thames Valley wrote to me as well, enclosing the new forms.

In the letter it states:

"In order that we have sufficient time to process your renewal application we would ask you to submit it to us as soon as possible and in any case within 60 working days before the expiry of your current certificate."

my underlining

willie_gunn

Wilts Police have written to me in the past a few months before the renewal date. Have a look at your local force's website, there should be details/forms on there.

I did look on there but couldn't see any info about renewal periods.

Could be best just to ring?

I printed mine off the Lancs Police web site a couple of months before renewal date, filled them in and sent them off with my certificate. Got my certificate back a few days later. Got a visit from the FEO a coulple of weeks later, new cert a week after that. New cert in gun cabinet ready for when the old one expires.:D
Tony

North Yorks police let you know 12 weeks previous but its down to the applicant to print all the forms from there website fill out and post in etc !
i.d give them a ring you don't want it to run out

In my area the FEO contacts you around 3 months before expiry, arranges visit to check security or any changes since last application and leaves the forms with you.

Cheshire send the forms out a couple of months prior to renewal. No need to tell them. Cheers, :old:

Back